Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Gas station entrance

Badgriuel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only there were 2 spots to take gas...

But there's only one, so only one way to enter. I always enter by the right entrance. I never have any issue doing so. I sure know how to handle my truck and the trailer. If I meet aynone going by the wrong side while I'm there, he will have to move away, not me, for sure. And he will hear my horn as well, big time.

That's the problem, if people come from both directions, then all its going to do is cause more chaos because theres only one spot to stop in, if there were multiple at

each set of pumps, then by all means come in from both directions, as long as you don't block anyone wanting to exit, but as there is one, spot, all itll do is cause rage and people to block because they want to come in from the opposite direction as people are sat there.

its all about skiil and knowing how to pull in, if there were multiple fuel points, I would agree with having 2 directions you can enter, but with only one, its just a recipe for disaster, besides, the vast majority of people ive seen pull into the fuel stations, do it from the correct side anyway.

I expected a post like yours. You think I don't know how to properly pull in there? It takes less time to fuel by pulling in from the opposite way, and you don't actually block the entire road.

time isn't everything, if you can drive properly, you wouldn't complain about having to do a 180 to refuel, I don't complain about it because its not a big deal, youre saving people from being rammed and youre not sat there for days anyway, so really whats the fuss over, plus whos to say you aren't blocking the road? no matter which way you come in youre going to block someone or have someone block you, its part and parcel of the game, if people cant get on with it, earn some money ingame and buy garages, upgrade to max and refuel there, you get it cheaper too!

Those are regulatory signs that have any bearing in law, since it's placed on by the owner itself. In that google maps picture you can also see a truck leaving from the "entrance" area as well.

Just so you know a sign saying "do not enter" is still a legal sign esp if it dictates public road traffic what to do.

Police won't care if it's done by a landlord tenant or the controlling gov body. You go the wrong way you always risk a ticket regardless who erected the sign as long as it's visible.

Also the owner could request the police to police the area enforcing the signage. This is well known in a few locations where I live and yes they are legal tickets issued on private property...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

fun fact: since the signs are not on public property they are only a suggestion and do not always have to be followed.

by law you technically do, but it cant be enforced unless the property owner requests the police to enforce it, which some places do. also its common courtesy to obey them if its going to hinder other's ability to maneuver the place in a legal manner, and im not backing up for you when you pull in the wrong way, ill sit there all day as far as im concerned you have the do not enter sign so if anyones blocking its you, and if in real life you were to cause an accident because you ran one your insurance company would still be happy to put you at fault should they find out

@megadethsteve666

@cschnipke279

its all about skiil and knowing how to pull in, if there were multiple fuel points, I would agree with having 2 directions you can enter, but with only one, its just a recipe for disaster, besides, the vast majority of people ive seen pull into the fuel stations, do it from the correct side anyway.

I expected a post like yours. You think I don't know how to properly pull in there? It takes less time to fuel by pulling in from the opposite way, and you don't actually block the entire road.

It's literally a few posts above yours. The issue remains.

And yes, more enabled pumping "stations" would be more realistic. Even if there's only 1 spot for trucks irl, this is a game, and we shall have the game adapted to us, not the other way around.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

^^ But you're considering MP. And the game was made by SCS for single player, so they have no interest in adapting it to keep the MP mod players happy. And MP developers won't change the map, so that's what it is, that's what we have, it's not the game which has to adapt to us, it's us who need to adapt to the MOD. And for now, gas stations have one single refueling spot and one single entry way. You know how to do the 180º turn and not get stuck so where's the problem?

Are you guys have 100% that on USA doesn't have a gas station with wrong way?

Because I don't know about USA, but here in Brazil all Gas Station that have DIESEL only accept traffic from one side. But others that have Ethanol, GNV or gasoline, there's no wrong way. But trucks gas stations and differente, like I say.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

^ I can see there being directed gas stations for large truck stops, but for nearly all gas stations there's usually at least two pumps on different sides due to cars having to fill on different sides

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

@megadethsteve666

@cschnipke279

It's literally a few posts above yours. The issue remains.

And yes, more enabled pumping "stations" would be more realistic. Even if there's only 1 spot for trucks irl, this is a game, and we shall have the game adapted to us, not the other way around.

k. cool. so the signs say do not enter, which means do not enter, they even put it in caps so you can see it and made a specific symbol for people who cant read, it doesnt matter what its like elsewhere thats what its like there, for example, if you travel to NYC, turning on red is illegal, it doesnt matter if its legal where you live, its illegal where you currently are. and the game is built for singleplayer, not multiplayer, so no it should not be adapted for us.

^buddy, you do not understand, SCS is not interested in Multiple fuel spots because the game from them is SINGLEPLAYER ONLY, the multiplayer we play is a MODIFICATION of the base game, so if we want multiple fuel spots it would have to come via the DEVELOPERS of the MULTIPLAYER MODIFICATION and not SCS because its NOTHING to do with them.

Archived