Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Lazy driver

reulini

Hey guys. I've hired my first driver and he seems to be resting all the time. All his stats (profit/day etcetc) are N/A. I already expanded the garage and bought him a truck. The truck status says "on road", idk why. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

What I was talking about was that while the truck says "on road", the driver says "resting". The milage on that truck says 0 too. Its weird, but ok. Its like you said, maybe one day I'll be a millionaire

I think your driver uses the 'auto drive' feature on the new truck. Just like the Google auto drive car, your driver is very smart and is on a vacation somewhere resting on the beach, whilst his truck is delivering loads all around America all by himself.

No, just kidding. This is a pretty common problem because the time in MP is changed from SP, therefore bugs like this can happen. Hired drivers do not work properly in Multiplayer so this is probably why it has happened. How to fix this? Probably not possible because it's Multiplayer. Once you do something to advance time (such as teleporting or sleeping) then the time will advance and only then you will see that the driver has completed a delivery or drove home because there weren't any deliveries. 

In fact, hired drivers work the same as in single player. The difference is that the ingame time in MP runs much slower, fatigue simulation doesn't work (you're not forced to sleep every X hours), and that makes it seem as if they are just sitting there. But if you have drivers, every time you teleport to a repair station, to your garage, or sleep, ingame time kind of accelerates and that's when they bring the money.

About the "lots of money" issue, this comes because time in MP doesn't stop while you're not playing. If you come back after a couple of days, your drivers have been doing jobs all that time, and as soon as you "reset" time, by following any of the methods above, they cash all they earned.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived