How to check for 64Bit OS

MaffewE

How to check for 64Bit (x64) on Windows

I thought I'd create this brief guide to explain how to check for 64Bit OS on your PC for those who aren't exactly tech savvy! This is available for both Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Haven't seen anyone else do one of these and I've seen a few people query whether or not their system was indeed 64 bit, if everyone was to check this before creating a support thread it may become clear as to why the game isn't working.

As of Feb 2016 ETS2MP and ATS2MP are 64Bit (x64) only. If your OS type states it's x32 or 32Bit your game will not work for online multiplayer.

Windows 10

Step 1:
Open the Windows Start Menu (Bottom left icon, or the windows key on your keyboard)
Windows101.png

Step 2:
In the box type "This PC" without the quotations, shown as in the image and click on the top icon.
Windows102.png

Step 3:
You should see a file explorer window appear, similar to the one below. If you look at the top menu under the Computer tab. Select System Properties.
Windows103.png

Step 4:
The information in the window will be different to the below, depending on your PC type, version and components. However under the System sub-section it says System Type, this is where it shows clearly my system is 64Bit, also referred to as x64.
Windows104.png

Windows 7

Albeit quite similar, it's a bit simpler in my own opinion!

Step 1:
Open the Task menu, similar to Step 1 on Windows 10 (Bottom left corner) and right click the word Computer, selecting properties from the menu.
Windows701.png

Step 2:
As seen, under the System sub-section it states the System Type being 64-bit.
Windows702.png

If you have any trouble just post below - shouldn't be much of an issue!

Kind regards,

Matthew

The Windows Key + Pause/Break key does the same thing, I've not tested it in Windows 10 but should be the same. 

Indeed, could've put that but yet again I got my sister to do it and she didn't understand what the pause button was, seen as she never uses it.. HAHA

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.