Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Help sort of error Direct X

xxTrololoxx1080p

Question

18 answers to this question

You can't launch ETS2MP using the steam program.

You have to go into your ETS2MP (C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer) installation folder and start ETS2MP by using the launcher(.exe) file in that folder..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Why can't ETS2 run in DirectX mode? 

Possible solution:

Make a shortcut of the launcher application and go into the shortcut properies. The 'target' field now points to the launcher.exe application. Place the cursor at the end of that command and add ' -opengl' (notice the space).

This should start ETS2MP in opengl mode..

Hope this helps,

Dave

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Happy holidays! :)

Make sure, you have latest graphics drivers, if not download them.

(If you have the latest drivers, downgrade them to older version)

Download latest directx from Microsoft www.

If you have overclocked gpu, set it to stock.

If you are using any screen capture apps or overlays, disable them.

Try to run the game in windowed mode.

Turn on the game in administrator mode.

Hope it helps! ;)

If I helped you, make sure to click the "✓Like this" button!

Feel free to pm me, if you need something ;)

HAPPY TRUCKING!

Cc0rnyxXx

I will try and edit the results but I asume the problem is in the windows, when i was with windows 7 there were no problems when i changed to 8.1 I downloaded pirated version because i dont have it on that time and the same thing happened with the singleplayer. And i recently changed my GPU from GB gtx 650 ti to palit gtx 660 and this could be a problem because i havent reinstalled windows. Now i have legit version of the game from steam!

Try launching ETS2 in safemode : Steam-->Library-->right click ETS2-->properties-->general tab-->set launch options--> write:  -safe

Now try to launch ETS2 singleplayer . If it works, change your graphics settings to low. Exit game. Now  remove the "-safe" text from launch options. Then try launching singleplayer or multiplayer. Change graphics settings to your liking.