Let people know if you are typing

Save

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like the suggestion. Would turn out to be not so useful when there are loads of people cramped in a company, like in a convoy or at F7, I also like the idea given by others to have an on/off switch for people that want for any given reason turn it off.

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

On 12/9/2020 at 8:42 PM, RagtagBoss said:

Its a really good idea, because if someone is not moving you at least will know why, +1 from me :)

As Much as this would be a good idea it wouldnt necissarily work as people can Tab out and or use it as a method to Troll other players. for me i VOTD -1 

Fønix Wolfe
Global Cargo Int'l Driving Team 

• 1 month later...
On 13.02.2016 at 9:46 PM, gwait said:

This is a fantastic idea, in my opinion.

However, I don't like what you mentioned that it would say "username is typing" as I'd take a lot of space and is unnecessary, I'd imagine it being something like an icon next to your name. For example, at the current time when someone horns, a horn icon appears next to their name as long as they're still using their horn. This could potentially be done the same with typing. The user begins entering into chat, and an icon would appear, something similar to this: 

_Typing_Chat-512.png

A bit bigger, in 2D and so that it moves with the mouse

• 2 weeks later...

This would have been a great feature to implement into the game back in 2016 when you made this suggestion but due to the shear amount of suggestions this has only just resurfaced. I think with the ammount of players that use TruckersMP now, it may not be a good idea anymore. Just due to the stress it may cause to the servers when rendering the images above peoples trucks. Good suggestion though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...