Let people know if you are typing

Save

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be a nice addition for sure! However, in highly populated areas it'll cause great amounts of lag so maybe shorten the phrase to dots like a previous comment so that it's not going to cause too many issues. Other than that, I support the suggestion. It'll help clarify why some people aren't moving and may even lead to less useless reports for GMs to deal with. I can see many benefits as long as the disadvantages are solved. :D 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vFanti said:

This can help everyone. It can be used to punish players who cause accidents while typing or to determine areas where typing is prohibited while driving.

That would just be a stupid thing to do, " banned for typing " i mean come on now....

Also is this actually ever gonna be added as it was opened for discussion 4 years ago.........

14 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

That would just be a stupid thing to do, " banned for typing " i mean come on now....

Also is this actually ever gonna be added as it was opened for discussion 4 years ago.........

Yes I know, I said that because they were saying that it would end the realism of the game, but I think that in most countries it is prohibited to use the phone while driving, for example. But, as you said, it will probably never be implemented in the game.

GENERAL MANAGER - GCEE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 7:57 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

How does a typing indicator reduce hate on the roads...? ?
Could you please explain.

For example in heavy traffic if a trucker does not immediately go on driving (when stop and go) and he's typing, the trucker behind him knows not to hate on him cause he will be finished soon.

• Thanks 1

I agree that this would be usefull in the regards of situations when people might be blocking.
I don't believe this will make any big difference in performance depending on how it is implemented. But as some are against it I would recommend a way to turn it off/on on the client's end.

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019