Let people know if you are typing

Save

• 2 weeks later...

Very good suggestion. It would also be useful for the in-game moderators (if the "...is typing..." is also displayed in the demos) so they can see when players are swerving because they are typing or not. +1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

• 5 weeks later...

This would be good idea kind of. Players driving behind the guy who is typing something will be aware of that and so will be more careful.

Still,it would not be an excuse if accidents happen. You have to watch your side mirrors to make sure no one is on the side before you start typing. But anyway, this is solid idea,
+ from me

Not a good idea in my opinion. There will be more people who will type during driving.

tcntad has a little bit right:

On 2/12/2016 at 10:39 PM, tcntad said:

Park in a safer area.

If this indicator is added, people will think that they can type even if they are driving, because the indicator will warn other players and they will not consider themselves responsible if there is an accident. 

This idea just allows players to find an excuse to type during driving.

HérissonMan,

??  ??

• 8 months later...

+1

It is amazing that this suggestion has been open for discussion for so many years without any updates, this is a great idea, could have already been implemented in the game. If you are missing details, I would like to ask permission to the creator @Lee98 to add my idea to his: If an icon with the player name (ID) appears in the upper left corner while someone is talking on CB radio(inside the range), then the "typing" icon could be placed in the lower left corner just below the chat(inside the same range).

• 5 weeks later...

I do not understand how this would be useful.
Why do you need to know if another person is typing? You will not see what the person has typed until he sent it and you have received it.

To me this looks like another distraction from traffic and increases the chances to cause accidents.

Simply do not text and drive.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree with @HérissonMan

This option may be abused by "trolling" players just to get an excuse for their behaviors.
On the other hand, it might work, but the TMP rules should get an additional point, which says that if you want to type in the chat while driving, you must be extremely careful and that if you cause an accident while typing on chat, you will be responsible for it and you can be held responsible, etc.
What do you think about that?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I cant see this being needed when you see that someone is going to put a message you are going to look to see what they are going to put & this could be a problem for some players that they crash into someone & get banned like for not looking what they are doing 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 22:35, BlizzLee said:

Nombre de la sugerencia : Informe a la gente cuando está escribiendo.
Descripción de la sugerencia : cuando comience a escribir en el chat, debe haber un texto en la parte superior de su camión debajo de su nombre de usuario.
Cualquier imagen de ejemplo :   s2uaB5Z.jpg
¿Por qué debería agregarse? : Será una pequeña característica agradable para agregar, y podría ser bastante útil.

editar - eliminó algunos errores ortográficos

As an idea it is fine, but I see a defect, in busy areas we would not see anything else, such typing .... as for 500 trucks, I do not know if I had the option to desactivate if I would see it well.