Let people know if you are typing

Save

Where's the realism then? Drivers are not allowed to write while driving in RL and both the ATS and ETS2 are subject to the European Traffic Laws.

Although it would be helpful in game, it will kill the realism imo.

Actually, its ok for me when any government is ok about that and sets a rule like "drivers are free to text messaging as long as they have a blinking message "the driver is text messaging/whatsapping now while going with 110 km/h, be careful" on the signboard at the top of their car"  :P

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

^ Don't get me wrong, I like realism too, that's why I like simulator games in general. But, that realism can only be stretched to a certain extent before it starts to annoy people. For example, as Krav mentioned above, he stops at traffic lights, and while typing they turn green and could be reported for blocking, even though he has the full intention on going.

Also, it could be argued that your point is saying "Don't use the chat as it's illegal to text + drive IRL", in which case we'd get rid of the chat. Same for teamspeak, bit like phoning and driving, which is also illegal IRL. (In most countries)

The thing is, we need these functions to be able to use MP correctly, otherwise it'd all be a complete mess around here. Therefore an icon above someone saying "Player is typing" would be good because it then makes everyone's lives easier, whether player or admin.

• Upvote 4

Where's the realism then? Drivers are not allowed to write while driving in RL and both the ATS and ETS2 are subject to the European Traffic Laws.

Although it would be helpful in game, it will kill the realism imo.

Actually, its ok for me when any government is ok about that and sets a rule like "drivers are free to text messaging as long as they have a blinking message "the driver is text messaging/whatsapping now while going with 110 km/h, be careful" on the signboard at the top of their car"  :P

You could also say that seeing players on your GPS is also very unrealistic :D

Sometimes things like these would make the game play a bit better.

Also there could be an option like the GPS players to turn it on or off if you are bothered with it.

• Like 1

Seems abit useless to me, people should be able to drive and chat at the same time without having to warn others. How long does it take to write a line?

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Good idea, atleast it lets people know they're multi tasking or explains why they're sitting there or something, atleast proves they're active. The likes of iMessage and Facebook Messenger has the same and it's pretty useful, even just an icon.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Suggestion Name:  Let people know when you are typing.

Suggestion Description: When you begin to type in chat, there should be a Text on top of your truck below your username.

Any example images:  *picture*

Why should it be added?: It will be a nice little feature to add, and might be pretty useful.

edit - removed some spelling mistakes

This is a fantastic idea, in my opinion.

However, I don't like what you mentioned that it would say "username is typing" as I'd take a lot of space and is unnecessary, I'd imagine it being something like an icon next to your name. For example, at the current time when someone horns, a horn icon appears next to their name as long as they're still using their horn. This could potentially be done the same with typing. The user begins entering into chat, and an icon would appear, something similar to this: 

_Typing_Chat-512.png

• Upvote 3

I still don't get why we specifically swerved towards the 'Driving whilst typing' idea.

This suggestion is a fantastic suggestion overall, doesn't matter whether you are driving or parked. Whilst it's obviously not something that would be top priority over fixing bugs and implementing better features, it's still a good suggestion nevertheless.

• Upvote 3

I still don't get why we specifically swerved towards the 'Driving whilst typing' idea.

This suggestion is a fantastic suggestion overall, doesn't matter whether you are driving or parked. Whilst it's obviously not something that would be top priority over fixing bugs and implementing better features, it's still a good suggestion nevertheless.

Completely agree that it's multi scenario rather than just driving, you've managed to portray that well.

I do honestly think it's a good suggestion and although it may be a bit difficult it's probably something that's helpful! So people know that others aren't completely idle :-)

Kind regards,

Matthew

I think it's a pretty good idea, although it gets rid of the realism, so do non-collision areas or admins flying around invisible, Compromises have to be made to make this mod more fun xD

I fail to understand how it gets rid of realism (other than that there's obviously no icons above you in real life when you type) for just having a typing icon over someone's truck when they're typing. It's the same idea as with horning, when someone horns the icon appears next to their name.

It's more of a thing to make your life easier, but it doesn't affect anything else.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...