AOE (city) speed limits should not effect Interstate highways

Leopold67

Problem:

City zone (Area Of Effect) speed limits slow down excessively, and unrealistically the speed limits of players on Interstate limited access Highways (high speed expressways), that just happen to pass through city limits. It is very annoying, causes congestion and accidents (players merging cannot build up speed beyond the city speed cap)

Suggestion solution:

Change/modify/tweak the definition territory of the city limits speed limit to not effect the Interstate Highways (example I-5, I-10, I-80, etc.). It would only be reasonable and realistic to slow down to 55 mph (usually -not the 40 KPH or whatever it is). Occasionally even 60 or 65 mph is still the legal speed limit even when a Interstate highway is close proximity to, or within a city.

• Upvote 3

I don't believe it is a bug. It appears more to be a decision made for probably legitimate reasons (coding issues, or system issues or whatever), or maybe was just a honest design mistake.

A bug is more like when something is not working at all as intended. I believe the city AoE speed limit effect is working as intended but needs a suggestion (this forum's purpose) from players to the developers to consider a modification or improvement to how it works.

I think this has been reported before, most likely. But I think they select an area and it speed limits it, regardless of whether the road above is a motorway but the underneath isn't which is why I think this issue is happening. Therefore there's nothing really we can do unless they somehow can separate the barriers by height not to include the road above (motorway/highway)?

Kind regards,

Matthew

I think this has been reported before, most likely. But I think they select an area and it speed limits it, regardless of whether the road above is a motorway but the underneath isn't which is why I think this issue is happening. Therefore there's nothing really we can do unless they somehow can separate the barriers by height not to include the road above (motorway/highway)?

They just need to exclude the terrain that has Interstate Highway, even if that means very short stretches of under or overpasses would also be effected.

^ indeed but whether they're looking into this and if it's possible is a different reasoning I guess, unfortunately it's upto the devs to sort although I've noticed in the middle of the desert that a speed limit has kicked in before and hopefully they're able to look into it.

Kind regards,

Matthew

use search and find the bug report please

i think youll find it not to be a bug but how the restriction zones are placed.

i for one have noticed a lot of little zone around cities on the interstates where it forces you to lose speed for a few seconds and then allows you to go again when youre not actually in the city, i understand that some zones are long because of the speeds we get coming into cities and how long it takes to slow down to 37MPH, but others are really needed on the interstate ideally.

Source Wikipedia:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design, or in frameworks and operating systems used by such programs, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code. A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy or defective. Reports detailing bugs in a program are commonly known as bug reports, defect reports, fault reports, problem reports, trouble reports, change requests and so forth.

Born to be wild in 1982 | Does not accept random Steam friend requests

I don't know if this would be possible but i know pretty much everything is possible but what they can do is instead of using city zones they can use speed zones to set the speed limiter because in almost every city the speed limit is 30mph so all they have to do is set the speed limiter to 37mph each time you go into a 30mph speed limit zone and when you leave and the speed limit goes back up just set the speed limiter back to 68mph.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

Source Wikipedia:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design, or in frameworks and operating systems used by such programs, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code. A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy or defective. Reports detailing bugs in a program are commonly known as bug reports, defect reports, fault reports, problem reports, trouble reports, change requests and so forth.

problem is mate, its not a bug in that sense, because SCS who are the developers, did not add it into the base game, mwl who develops MP with the team for us to play, designated the areas for which we have the speed restrictions, thus making it a chosen aspect of the gameplay and NOT a bug of the game.

• 3 years later...

Hi there,

City lines are actually drawn by SCS (for example, it's how you get a notification when you discover a new city). As such, we won't be messing around with those lines, but a possible solution in the future is to add a soft limiter where it only actives once you have been in the zone for a period of time. That is only my thoughts on the matter, though.

Hopefully I cleared some things up with that.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial