Kenworth W900 is almost here

Puncake

Why are all these American brands copy-pasted?

Because one company owns multiple brands (PACCAR owns DAF, Peterbuilt and Kenworth), so to save money, they use the same chassis and body and do minor cosmetic changes so that they can say they're different trucks.

Volvo owns Mack

Freightliner is owned by Mercedes (Not sure who owns Western Star.  I'd assume Freightliner, which is owned by Mercedes)

International is Navistar International Corp (Previously International Harvester Corp) - and sells some of the ugliest trucks on the road (The LoneStar is a prime example)

As for the W900?  Its a nice truck, but that huge engine tunnel is going to block your view, and so is that small windshield.  I might wait for the Volvo VNL to appear in game to buy that.

signature.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because one company owns multiple brands (PACCAR owns DAF, Peterbuilt and Kenworth), so to save money, they use the same chassis and body and do minor cosmetic changes so that they can say they're different trucks.

Yep it's very obvious that PACCAR owns these 3 brands. Copy paste much? kappa

Only differences I could find are the wheels, speedometer and the options for boxes/trailers

daf-lf-construction-euro-6-01.jpg

k270_photo_billboard_1.jpg

Peterbilt-Model-220.jpg

bN1fe9S.png

For all the ones that want a cabover, it won't happen anytime soon without a mod I don't think it will happen, because you know what, there's no cabovers in USA now, they were very popular in the 70's and 80's but now that we don't have any length restrictions, they are almost all gone, some still on the road but you have better chance winning lottery than seeing one that does real work.

I present to you the freightliner argosy:

2007-Freightliner-101in-Cabover-for-Sale

Could anyone explain what the jakebreake does in real life, why it is there and why truckers use it ?

And then explain how the stuff works in ATS ? Because i don't expect to have the same real effect in the game.

Thanks

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

As far as i've seen in game, the jakebrake slows down the truck to the lowest RPM of your current gear, then lowers by 1 gear and continues to slow the truck. But very, very slowly. Like 1km/h each second. To the point where normal breaks are more efficient.

So my question still stands - what's it used for in the game ? adjusting cruise speed ? reducing speed while coming down/up a ramp ?

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

I had a test drive on the W900 last night and I gotta say...

That truck should be censored. The sound its engine produces is pure pr0n to my ears. And they like it.

But seriously, now. That truck is so much cooler than what I expected!

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Could anyone explain what the jakebreake does in real life, why it is there and why truckers use it ?

And then explain how the stuff works in ATS ? Because i don't expect to have the same real effect in the game.

Thanks

It's used to save wear on the brakes...

It cycles the engine without fuel and sucks in air (Causing the noise.) 

It is normally used (around where I live) to keep the truck from gaining much speed going down the mountain on the interstate, as using brakes can cause overheating and failure,  which will cause you to crash into a runoff ramp... or worse.

5085643961.pngAVsgSjQ.png

I had a test drive on the W900 last night and I gotta say...

That truck should be censored. The sound its engine produces is pure pr0n to my ears. And they like it.

But seriously, now. That truck is so much cooler than what I expected!

Yeah agree mate love the sounds proper rumble,pulling away from lights in a town the noise sounds epic :D

As far as i've seen in game, the jakebrake slows down the truck to the lowest RPM of your current gear, then lowers by 1 gear and continues to slow the truck. But very, very slowly. Like 1km/h each second. To the point where normal breaks are more efficient.

So my question still stands - what's it used for in the game ? adjusting cruise speed ? reducing speed while coming down/up a ramp ?

primarily the Jake Brake is an engine braking system which uses less air from the tanks than normal pedal brakes and injects the air into the cylinders slowing compression and reducing rpm, thus reducing speed, its not meant to be used completely for all amounts of braking, but combined with a little pedal brake and you slow down a lot faster than just normal braking, it also saves the brakes from wearing too fast IRL, in game it is a easy aid for slowing down for on/off ramps and for controlling speed downhills or reducing speed quickly (either an accident ahead or super fast speed change down), the Jake brake is just such a great tool to have, along with trailer brakes which can help park trailers in those more harsh dropzones.

Archived