speed limiter bug?

loly326

im still encountering problems with the speed limiter, it keeps turning it on in the options. and i have caused one fairly big accident when i was doing 65, and it suddenly went down to 20 when i was passing a weight station.

i have even turned it off in the options trough singleplayer. but in the multiplayer it just turns it on again. i have no problem with a speed limit but 37 or 20 really is too low on a freeway. and thats currently what its doing every time, i don't want to get banned for blocking and causing accidents when there is nothing i can do about it myself.

Hello,

Ā 

Please follow the format of Bug Reports.

Ā 

This issue has been reported multiple times. I'm pretty sure the developers have got the message and will solve the problem soon.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

Ņ‰Ā  PEOPLE'S REPUBLICĀ OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

im still encountering problems with the speed limiter, it keeps turning it on in the options. and i have caused one fairly big accident when i was doing 65, and it suddenly went down to 20 when i was passing a weight station.

i have even turned it off in the options trough singleplayer. but in the multiplayer it just turns it on again. i have no problem with a speed limit but 37 or 20 really is too low on a freeway. and thats currently what its doing every time, i don't want to get banned for blocking and causing accidents when there is nothing i can do about it myself.

Ā 

I thought it was just me. I was going 67 as well and then my speed just drops to 18 and i couldn't go higher. It was bad. No limiter, retarder, parking brake on either.

cnuk.jpgUP VOTE PLEASE :)Ā 

It's not something in your settings, it's about how city boundaries are made in ATS. They are so huge that you can be driving full speed and hit one of them "You entered into the city", triggering the auto limit to 60 Km/h - 37 mph. It happens to everyone in the game, unless you play in EU#2, as this server has no speed limits.

it is something in my settings because if i go under "gameplay options" and turn off the speed limit option this problem no longer occurs. the problem is that the multiplayer mod is resetting those options. turning it back on, again and again. besides it doesn't happen to everyone in the game. if it did then i wouldn't be causing accidents on the freeway.

ive seen plenty of people flying by at 65 while i was being limited to 37. turn the limit off in the options and i would be able to drive 65 again too. well untill the next city where the mod will have reset my options. also, there is 1 scale im not exactly sure where anymore, but it limits you to 20mph ON THE FREEWAY, its not on the exit to the scale, its right there on the highway.

its also illegal to go slower then 45mph on a freeway. which is why they should fix this "thing" as soon as possible, and if they are gona force a speed limit. at least make it a realistic one preferably one that's not illegal in real life.Ā 

i should probably mention that this problem happens for me on each server. EU 1, 2 and 3.Ā 

^^ Sorry then, I misunderstood. Never happened to me, but I think I read some other thread about braking intensity (in the gameplay settings) resetting by itself too. I don't know, maybe try launching the game as administrator and change the settings then, otherwise, my only idea is trying a clean reinstall of the MP mod.

This is when you enter a city, you are automatically limited to 37MPH instead of 68MPH. Your cruise control will automatically drop from anything above 37MPH to 37MPH, if you have a retarder then you will slow down dramatically, I have jack knifed and spun out because of this, especially when passing through Vegas.

Ā 

Being forced to 20MPH I have never heard of.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

as ive said, its not due to being being in a city. i have seen plenty of people drive 65 no problem. and as ive said. if its happens and then stop the truck on the shoulder, go into the options and turn speed limiter off in the options. i will have no problem reaching 70MPH in those "city zones" on freeway's. its just that the speed limit option in the menu keeps being turned on again.

and even if it was done on purpose this 37MPH speed limit, then it still doesnt make sense because in nevada the minimum allowed speed on a freeway is 45 and in California its 40. which is another thing that doesnt make sense, why limit us to 37mph in nevada? you can do 55 pretty much anywhere in california... if they had limited the speed to 55 in Nevada. it would at least make some kind of sense. 37 is not only a wierd number to limit the speed to, its not needed at all since at the exact same type of freeway intersections or on/off ramps in California we can still drive 55. besides the speed limit on server 1 and 3 is 110km/h Ā which is 68MPH

the 20mph thing was at a scale somewhere in nevada, but i dont remember which one. i think the allowed maximum speed zone there, which is 20. spills in over the highway a bit, so when you drive past the scale on the highway the speed would change from 80 to 20 for a few meters and then go back to 80 again. but those few meters were enough to let the retarder kick in, and the guy behind me plowed straight into me, then the guy behind that, swerved andĀ flippedĀ his truck over theĀ guardĀ railĀ intoĀ oncomingĀ traffic.

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

This bug report has expired and will now be closed.

If you still experience this issue, feel free to make a new bug report and we will see what we can do in regards to helping you fixing the issue

Thanks & Happy Trucking!

/Archived

Archived