Does anyone else feel bad when someone honks at you and you don't honk back

I don't. Why should I? Honking is not the way to greet other drivers (even though it is done that way in the game by most people) so I never honk. Unless it is for the purpose the honk was created for. Which isn't greeting passing drivers. Actually, to be brutally honest, if someone honks at me, unless I am doing something wrong on the road (which I dare say never happens), all I can think of is "GO HONK AT YOUR MOTHER!!". I hate it when someone honks at me.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Some people take honks the wrong way around, haha.

A lot of people honk at everyone, to them a honk means "Hello there". I don't honk back, but this is just because to me, a honk means "WTF are you doing you i***t??"

When you find out Disney owns Star Wars  

I don't flash people, that's just wrong.

I don't toot my own horn around others, as that's just plain rude.

I'm also not a very horny person, so I simply avoid the H key as much as possibly ;)

The horn in vehicles is to warn other people or in some cases animals of a issue or your presence. Same goes with high beams. In North America if you see someone high beaming opposite traffic (flickering on/off constantly) it either means a issue is ahead or more likely a cop :D

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Well, in my country 1 short honk is something like "Hi, i'm right here, be careful", 2 short honks are something like "hello buddy, how are you?" and one large honk is GTFOYFI while how long it is means how bad did you screw it.

With the lights we have similar customs, like:

1 large beam means IDIOT; the same way with the horn, the length measures your idiocy level. (i hope you get unable to see again for the rest of your life)

1 short beam means I'm in a good mood and i'll grant you way, sir.

2 short beams means Thank you good sir.

Just take a tour here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/abedmamoore

And then you should know how to use your horn in ATS.

Video example:

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Video games are different :P

No their not, lets just take this exampel, that you have to back up out from the road in to the loading bay but you need to use both lanes, 1 person come towards you and keeps honking untill your away?? 

If you ask me the honk is useless. 

as my self i just flash my high beams when i see a friend or when i want to tell another person that theres room for him to join the right lane after overtaking me.. 

I honk only if someone honks when passing me, I never start it in case the person doesn't prefer it, so I'd rather not be the one starting it. I don't mind it otherwise, especially if it's been a while since I saw a truck!

Some people also flash/honk when overtaking, or just about to overtake me. I prefer that actually, especially if I'm concentrating on the road and not noticed a blue dot on my map, and with a honk or flash I am now aware someone is beside me or about to overtake

Archived