Horns why they should remian as the universal finger.

DragonKoja

I understand wanting to wave and say hi to everyone you meet but must we all spam our horns like a flailing child trying to be noticed? I prefer my horn as what it is a loud way of getting your attention and letting you know I am waving a certain finger like a child looking for attention.. I might be the only one and if so then I will go back to my corner and eat me chips, but someone has to agree it is annoying to have some rudely overtake you on a 2 lane back road when its no pass then cut in on you sharp and nearly run you off the road, we cant just yell at them and insult them that when my train horn comes into play its my way of flipping the bird and has been all drivers everywhere since tinted windows restrict view of hand flails.. as some one who worked as a copilot within a company riding and driving around in the real world you don't use your horn as a wave its the attention grabbing screw you of the motorist, yes I enjoy my soap box and it bothers me slightly as someone cuts me off or runs a red light and nearly T-bones me and I blare my horn just to have them do some little tune back like "oh yeah hey bro awesome travel stuff!" I feel like I am the only driver to notice this and find it annoying when you want to let the other driver know without spamming chat how much of a "insert foul words" driver they are.

Oh come on, back in my childhood days, I love giving the gesture to passing truckers. Hearing them horn was so satisfying, still is in this game when I honk.

Personally, the worst insult from horns would be long and repetitive from the same trucker. Couple short horns are fine by me.

4030215307613718s.jpg

I sometimes respond briefly to horning, but I don't initiate it.

Only once I had to long horn a guy who didn't have priority at an intersection, and cut me off, like me going straight at green light and him turning left.

Other than that, yeah, it should be used for emergencies/anger relief/attention.

Also, people should use the emergency lights when there's danger/jam up ahead, or parked in the middle of the night on the side of the road.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

As long as its a short toot its fine. It's nice to do that to a convoy too. Say hello to everyone. It's always fun driving past a convoy... (And then seeing some idiot come up behind them and slam into the last person... GG guy. GG.)

On a side note, saying the P word I did is classed as profanity. Yet saying "WTF" is fine... I will never understand censorship :( lol. 

I don't mind a short toot every now and then. Especially when you're driving on one of the smaller roads that are less populated. But people who're spamming the horn can be very annoying. I had a driver behind me who honked for miles. And don't even get me started on those god damn honk fests in the cities.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived