ATS MP Mayhem

Noxii

I've only had it once where i was nearly taken out on the highway, a truck just pulled onto the highway from a turning without even slowing down/stopping to check the are was clear. Other than that its been pleasant and i usually tend to let people out more because its just the polite thing to do 

In my opinion, there should be a server rule regarding highways.

I'm unsure how it works in the States as I'm British, but, in the UK you are 'supposed' to pull into a separate lane to allow other vehicles to join a highway easier.

So if you're on the outside lane and you see someone joining, you'd move to the middle/inner lane to allow them to join.

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

^ decent drivers will move if possible, I always do. When I get on and a trucks beside me instead of slowing down or stopping (hasn't happened, and the ramps are too short), I'll drive on the hard shoulder... only reason is because if a noob comes rushing behind me all I'll hear is 100% damage and see "why the f*** did you stop...

Oh in the USA and Canada the merging traffic has to yield ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Yeah merging traffic having to yield is dumb. The onramps need to be longer. I try and move over for on ramps as much as possible. I check the GPS and if someones coming I'll move over if possible. Only once I couldn't do - but the guy didn't yield he just went in the hard shoulder and flashed me... Not my fault if I can't move mate!

In my opinion, there should be a server rule regarding highways.

I'm unsure how it works in the States as I'm British, but, in the UK you are 'supposed' to pull into a separate lane to allow other vehicles to join a highway easier.

So if you're on the outside lane and you see someone joining, you'd move to the middle/inner lane to allow them to join.

Curtis, it wasn't a merging lane, it was one of those T style junctions which heads onto the highway

===== Highway

¦ 

¦<- Junction leading onto highway

Someone was turning Left from the junction so they would need to cut across oncoming traffic coming from the Left side, which i just so happen was. So i had right of way but the other driver didn't look or want to slow down and luckily they didn't side swipe me

Hope this explains it better, because i live in the UK as well and i know the highway code. 

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

Had the same issue ^ was in town going straight across guy came from the left of me where he had to go right or left he went left never even slowed down plowed right into me sending me into a pole. Truck stalled here and the till I got it fixed.

I always yield when i'm on the on ramp, but every time i'm passing one when i'm on the highway the other drivers don't, they just plow onto the highway, caused me quite a bit of grief yesterday. Oh and red light honkers, i'm sitting there waiting to take a left turn just like everyone else, then someone behind us decides he doesn't want to wait and either passes us on the right side (which is illegal) or sits on their horn. So what's the best way to explain to someone that it won't turn green faster if he gets on all of our nerves?

76561198019692967.png

I personally haven't had to many problems, surprisingly enough. I've played a lot of the mp probably over 24 hours, and the worst thing that happened to was I turning left into a depot in San Diego and some impatient imbecile went around me to my left as I was making said left turn. I said impatient "imbecile" because he could of easily passed to my right on the shoulder (even though it is illegal here in the states) and saved both of us repair costs. 

Other then that pretty fun. You have the occasional guy driving on the wrong side of the road, and or impatient guy behind you who tries to go around you. The way I drive in real life has helped me not get in collisions with these fools. That is "defensively". In real life I'm always accessing the situation with every car around me. So in the game I do this by paying close attention to my GPS. when I see someone on it I start assessing it. If their coming from behind on a one lane road, I just pull off to the side, and let them pass. If their coming the opposite way I'm watching carefully at where they are in the their lane. So for those driving opposite way in my lane I see way ahead of time, and turn off to the side of the road. I guess I have gotten lucky because there is always an area to pull off to when those morons are driving on the opposite side of road. The only reason that the one guy hit me as I was making the left turn even though I was defensive driving was because he did the most idiotic thing ever. I knew he was behind me, I just took him as a non brain dead moron who if did try to pass me would do it on the shoulder, not the way I was turning. And yes I had my blinker on way ahead of time.

I came up behind some guy going 30 MPH in a 55 MPH zone so I signaled I was passing and he blew his horn for about 10 seconds straight. I typed that I wasn't sure why he was going 30 in a 55 zone in the middle of nowhere. There were no side roads and I was behind him for a few minutes before I decided to pass. About a minute after I passed him, he comes barreling past me going at least 80MPH while I'm doing 55 (the speed limit). Cuts me off as soon as he passes me.

Don't get mad that people want to pass. If you're driving insanely slow, it's going to happen. You can't expect others to drive 25 under the speed limit while you flail around and take your sweet time. 

k05nwJ7.jpg

All the posts in this thread lead me to think that the only problem in MP is people being impatient, which should be sanctioned, we all play this game because we love driving, and this is the only decent simulator (excluding ETS2 seeing as how they're both pretty much the same). So why do others play this game if they can't be patient to even wait for a green light? Not to mention that traffic in MP moves a lot faster due to the lack of cowardly AI traffic. So this leads me to believe that those few bad seeds we run into once in a while aren't playing to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere but to wreak chaos. Oh and during the last 2 days i've noticed a sudden increase in people writing "idiot" in the chat which i thought would be sanctioned but for some reason isn't. In any case, hats off to you guys following the rules and being considerate to others.

76561198019692967.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived