ATS MP Mayhem

Noxii

Hello everyone.

So after yesterdays trouble with the page I finally was able to download the Multiplayer earlier today when I woke up, really stoked to finally be able to play ATS in Multiplayer and it was about 1300 players online at the moment when I logged in and I thought wow this is gonna be fun with so many players. NEVER have I been so wrong, it was mayhem everywhere. Some delievery points were jam packed, not to talk about Service Stations, when I came to my drop off between Oxford and San Fransisco I made a right turn into a street that led me down to the "harbour" drop off only to see that there was a cue of trucks waiting to pull in there, the drop off was jamp packed with at least 10-15 trucks and another 10 waiting in line outside to be able to get in and drop off their cargo. While we stood there in line waiting it was finally my turn to enter the drop off zone, as I began turning in there was 2 smartasses who didn't want to wait in line like the rest of us and out of nowhere there came 2 trucks ramming into my side one at each side trying to cut ahead of everyone else. Not only is this breaking the rules and even traffic laws but its also respectless for all of those waiting in line and being patient so just stop that and behave at least.

After dropping off my cargo I continued to drive and it went very well for a while, that is until someone decided to try and overtake me and the truck I had ahead of me only to realise he needed to get off at the exit were passing so he turned on his indicator and turned right instantly, this ended with the Finnish guy infront of me put his breaks to the metal and so did I. I almost ended up planted in his trailer tho I turned slighty to the left to not do that. We both got out of that situation without any damage however this is a stupid situation, if you see that your exit is ahead don't overtake 2 trucks doing 60 mph just because you want to do 65 mph, it's either gonna end up with a large accident or you're gonna piss some people off and also breaking both rules and laws or you're gonna miss your exit.

After that I continued my trip, dropped the trailer at it's destination and picked up a new one, headed down the highway and reached my exit. There was 2 trucks ahead of me at the junction by the exit so I had to stop in the hill and wait for the trucks ahead of me to start moving as it became clear for them, it took about 15 seconds before my truck made a big jump forward and I thought what the heck is happening only to look in my mirror and there was another truck right behind me, he had clearly had too much speed exiting the highway and didn't break in time and therefor hit my trailer so hard that I jumped forward a bit. This happened 3 times later as well with 3 different players, all having too much speed exiting the highway and not breaking in time.

One thing that's also quite funny to see is when someone tries to be kind at people waiting at a junction so he/she stops on the road to let some other players out of the junction, that causes a pileup on the main road and at least 1 of those trucks showing up on the mainroad is gonna bump into the other trucks trailer because he/she didn't pay enough attention to the road to notice it was trucks stopped up ahead or they're gonna try and do a stupid overtaking because they see a pile up.

There's so much wrong on there at the moment and to be honest I haven't noticed a single game admin on the server for the past hours I have played, it's almost critical that there is some admins in there to watch over the server now as ATS and ATS MP is fairly new to everyone and theres a lot of players not obeying rules or traffic laws and driving recklessly. Maybe they are there and I just haven't noticed them but I think it's quite important for you then to show yourselves and let the server know that you are there and you might be watching them, that may help a lot.

Long story made short: There's chaoz on the ATS MP EU#1 from what I've seen, no active admins from what it looks like, admins should show them selves more they're there, people need to begin obeying traffic laws and WoT MP rules, people need to begin breaking in time and open their eyes to notice pile ups etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now to the next thing I wanted to bring up, something weird happened outside Reno a couple of minutes ago, people crashed with "invisble" trucks, trucks started flying around etc.

It all seemed just fine, a sunny afternoon we had just stopped at a traffic light right by the part of Reno where the 2 main roads meet. It was red and it was beginning to pile up and it never seemed to turn green again. One douchebag had stopped in the middle of the left lane even tho he was gonna turn right at the intersection, on the right side there was about me and 4-5 trucks ahead of me and then more started showing up behind me. It all went well at first and people began realising that the light was never gonna turn green again so they looked both ways at the intersection the crossed it at red light, the truck ahead of me didn't move forward so I turned on my indicator and began turning over to the left lane and stood there since the douchebag who was gonna turn right at the intersection was still blocking the left lane. Out of nowhere comes this other player at full speed passing the ones in the right lane only to hit me as I stood still and he squeezed me against another truck on the right side while his started going up the crashbarrier on the left side of the road. After that chaoz just started and trucks began to fly around and people began crashing in to what seemed to be invisible trucks that then caused them to fly away, more and more trucks showed up and saw trucks laying all around tho it seemed to be clear on some parts of the road so they tried to pass us tho they crashed in to the invisble trucks and began flying about.

The place you see my truck standing on was the place I flew over to after everyone started glitching about, I was on the other side of the road before.

Below are some pictures of how it looked like, I honestly have no idea of what the heck happened. Anyone that can enlighten me and maybe give me a reason to what caused this?

10p6ecw.jpg

1589yrb.jpg

2ci6v6u.jpg

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

The main issue. 

The size of the map in comparison to the amount of players. The smaller the map the higher concentration of players which equates to more mishaps and accidents.

One thing I have noticed is on the back routes of Nevada is where the most hell breaks loose around petrol stations.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

The "problem" is not the size of the map or how many players are in it. The problem is the players themselves. Or rather, the ones who don't know how to behave and drive. Take them away and things will work mostly flawlessly. The sad thing, though, is that it's easier said than done.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I agree with you both, however lets face it that 99% of the player basis don't even have a license for a car so as you said Mike it would be better to shut out the ones causing trouble but its easier said than done.

Some people drive like s**t honestly, take bends in all different ways cutting over into the wrong lane etc, I had one player by the name of "INFINITY" that just recently overtook me on the narrow bendy road between Redding and Eureka and then drove over hills and everything to later break so hard that I crashed in to him. And I keep getting hit from behind by other players when I've stopped like what the f**k is wrong...

As above said I also like it that it's more populated etc but what I dont like is all the A holes that cant drive properly and think before they do anything.

One more thing I've noticed now is that Admins are now showing themselves, I've seen one writing in English, one in Russian and one in German telling people to obey traffic laws etc or action will be taken against them and that they notice many players running red lights etc. Good job admins!  :)

I'm rather torn on what to think in regards to the player count.

On ETS2, it was empty and boring at times because you never saw anyone and then occasionally passed one guy. (Unless you was in Rotterdam...)

On ATS, it seems a lot more fun, even being stuck in a traffic jam is actually rather fun.

The world feels more alive due to the density of players.

When I was travelling through Bakersfield, we had to stop at an intersection; There was other players there, waiting at the lights on every side of it.

If the player count was lower, yes it would be less chaotic at times and depos would be clearer; However, it would be less fun in my opinion.

I didn't experience that many bad accidents or bad driving in my last session of about 4 hours, but I may have got lucky.

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

I *LOVE* the fact there's so much people.

I just wish some people weren't so bloody stupid! But hey - that's actually close to real life, too... ish.

I'm enjoying it as it is currently. The people who grief or are hacking the NCZ stuff to then disable it once they're inside you so you go flying - those people can do one! :-)

Yeah its gotten a lot better now this evening, and I agree with you Curtis it is sometimes fun to come into cities and see them jam packed as long as everything goes by the book.

I dislike those who doesn't give a s**t about others and just stop in the middle of the road to check the map etc causing a long pile up and maybe even accidents. But yeah I drove through Bakersfield recently and there was a lot of players but it went quite good and people were kind helping others from the Peterbilt shop come out from the junction so that was nice and fun to see.

I've only had it once where i was nearly taken out on the highway, a truck just pulled onto the highway from a turning without even slowing down/stopping to check the are was clear. Other than that its been pleasant and i usually tend to let people out more because its just the polite thing to do 

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

It seems to like people are hacking the game. I was driving a load down a highway from San Diego (going to some place starting with "El". Some other player was having huge lag issues in front of me (his truck kept slowing down then speeding up really fast) so i checked the other lane, signaled and transferred when all of a sudden something smahsed into me from behind, but it only felt like a speed bump. Next thing you know, there's a purple truck going THROUGH me and the guy i was oveertaking. Next thing you know my truck died at 46% damage so i pulled over and to my surprise my load had 100% damage. Now keep in mind this guy phased through us so quickly i couldn't even fire off a single screenshot or read his name. So i lost all the money from that load and had to waste a lot of money to get my truck fixed. Worst trip ever.

76561198019692967.png

I love it... while a cz drop off point would get hated on if it existed players would actually drive mentally sane. If it's no different than the roads, most would follow the rules those that don't get reported and removed.

The current issue with atsmp isn't ncz or cz, it's the fact that admins have to buy the game mp devs are not going to spend more money because of idiots on the road and not should they...

When I was on I had no issues at all. Not in depots nor the roads. The 2 issues I did have where fools who should drive (one at all the other a truck)

Also I have a "learners permit" in Ontario (g1), never drove anything irl, does that make me a bad driver automatically? Nope, you'll drive a simulation game like you'll drive irl. I speed in game but I've seen irl what speeding does, I speed in game to keep up with flow. If I get involved with a convoy and I can't go around safely or I have time I'll do their speed.

When I was on I saw more good drivers than bad and I don't want the server numbers to change

For the incredibly long depot lineups ncz, cz they both produce the same, but ncz causes a issue that does not exist irl. Having 20 trucks piled onto each other when that person finishes who goes next?

Any case

tumblr_l5dclbYMWr1qcypamo1_500.jpg

be patient if possible pull off the road and wait if not goto a local service station and idle for a few, grab a hot cup of cocoa and enjoy the show.

Ask any American truck driver who has done boarder crossings over the last 25 years, long queues is normal and to be expected.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

It seems to like people are hacking the game. I was driving a load down a highway from San Diego (going to some place starting with "El". Some other player was having huge lag issues in front of me (his truck kept slowing down then speeding up really fast) so i checked the other lane, signaled and transferred when all of a sudden something smahsed into me from behind, but it only felt like a speed bump. Next thing you know, there's a purple truck going THROUGH me and the guy i was oveertaking. Next thing you know my truck died at 46% damage so i pulled over and to my surprise my load had 100% damage. Now keep in mind this guy phased through us so quickly i couldn't even fire off a single screenshot or read his name. So i lost all the money from that load and had to waste a lot of money to get my truck fixed. Worst trip ever.

Given the description I could say it might have been speed hack. However, this "phasing through" part sound more like intense lag on that guy's part.

Speaking of lag and people behaving, today I was driving down the road from Primm to Las Vegas, accompanied by a bunch of other people headed the same direction when passing by a gas station chucked full of people in the desert, when we came across a truck twiching back and forth (lag on his end) and driving very slowly. That road doesn't allow for overtaking and stay near twitching trucks is dangerous (I was behind the guy) so I pulled up to the shoulder to wait until he was gone and I noticed there were other trucks stopped too and others near the twitchy truck also stopped for a while instead of attempting to overtake. I found that interesting to see. They weren't even honking or blasting their brights on the guy's rear.

Also I got lost in Vegas later on and somehow couldn't find the repair station for at least ten minutes. :I

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Personally I wouldn't over take on the highways either... I've overtaken and have been overtook. I hugged the inside curb as much overtaking and I yielded over as much as did the other driver toward the curb when I was being overtaken...

Ai's are one thing players are totally different...

SUS0M9O.gif

^ ~_~ only ban... at least thats good.

Here are 2 pics of Vegas :D (I'd show a video but after redoing my graphics OBS went blank screen...)
Can someone tell me how did NCZ actually make this situation any better?

X5GLfRT.jpg

CKNYoPo.jpg

I was gathering map coverage and already delivered my load, when i entered that depot there was 3 trucks plus me... I finally got out the same time as the first truck that went in did...

Also I Too bumped into a lagging user, but they where not bouncing any worst than normal...

[18:56:56] Egg-Roll (470): captin what speed are you doing :D

[18:57:04] [uk] captain slow [eu] (892): 31
[18:57:15] Egg-Roll (470): your doing 5 on my end

SUS0M9O.gif

to be honest i played early in the morning my time when eu1 was almost max capacity while i never got rammed purposely i did get a few that yes couldn't brake to save their life or that were impatient while i was at a fuel station filling up my 200Gal fuel tank and then when i was trying to exit the fuel station with a 53' great dane or reefer that decided with his long construction equipment load to turn on to the road i was trying to get off of quickly without hitting them and a few occasions where i had a trailer brought across my nose by someone deciding they needed to get over instantly or the occasional moron who decided to hog both lanes of the interstate or overtake on a double yellow which for all who do not know a double yellow means NO PASSING or DO NOT PASS for any reason other than that person is stopped dead in the road and you can clearly see it is safe to pass i dont care if the person is going 60 in a 70 do not pass

4i21k0-5.png

^ ~_~ only ban... at least thats good.

Here are 2 pics of Vegas :D (I'd show a video but after redoing my graphics OBS went blank screen...)

Can someone tell me how did NCZ actually make this situation any better?

I was gathering map coverage and already delivered my load, when i entered that depot there was 3 trucks plus me... I finally got out the same time as the first truck that went in did...

Also I Too bumped into a lagging user, but they where not bouncing any worst than normal...

That market. That's exactly where I had to deliver to today. Thankfully it was mostly empty when I got there. There were only two trucks plus me. I made a mistake on my approach and because of that (and how long my truck was) I had to drive into the dead end and do some pro-maneuvering next to the hiring agency next door just so I could drive into the market without getting my trailer stuck on the wall. lol At least I wasn't the only one who made that mistake. When I got there there was another truck doing the exact same thing. I waited for the guy, left enough room in the street for him to finish his thing and when he was done he made his delivery in that same market.

After I finished mine I left to go to the repair shop as I normally do in ETS2 but I couldn't find it for the life of me. Hahah. I was somehow lost in Vegas for at least ten minutes. ._.

I gotta say, I am having a LOT more fun with ATS than I ever had with ETS2, even with the limited arrange of trucks and map locations. One of the things I am mostly enjoying is all the advanced maneuvering. While in ETS2 I also had to do some advanced maneuvering before for reasons, it was not anywhere near as fun as it is in ATS, for some reason. It was mostly frustrating in some cases, for some reason. (I never used the phrase "for some reason" so often before. lol)

GP53e75.jpg

Yeah its gotten a lot better now this evening, and I agree with you Curtis it is sometimes fun to come into cities and see them jam packed as long as everything goes by the book.

I dislike those who doesn't give a s**t about others and just stop in the middle of the road to check the map etc causing a long pile up and maybe even accidents. But yeah I drove through Bakersfield recently and there was a lot of players but it went quite good and people were kind helping others from the Peterbilt shop come out from the junction so that was nice and fun to see.

The thing is, as much as there are people not taking other people into consideration, there are also the people that do.

Think about the times you've come up to a junction and flashed your lights at someone to let them out, or vice versa.

Think about the times you've been queueing in traffic and someone has pulled up beside you and you see them out of your right hand window.

Those are the things that make TruckersMP in general a fun environment, and with the density at the moment it really does make it feel real and make moments like that a lot more common.

Obviously, not everyone thinks like that...

A lot of people just don't seem to be able to grasp how to drive a truck, a lot of people plow on by like they're the only person on the road, and a lot of people just simply do whatever they want.

Earlier I saw an admin message about running red lights often will get you a punishment - Now I'm not saying this is the best idea, but, I personally think that will help filter out some of the people that are causing the problems for us.

So I guess my conclusion is that over time I hope it will get better - With the Admins looking out for the 'bad guys', and with it still being brand new, this stuff is to be expected.

But right now, I'm happy truckin' with the people that do play fair, which is a lot of people. :)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Archived