Rules for the Servers? Questions...

Glaiceana

Question

Hi guys, so I've just come back to MP now that it works with the current version of ETS2, but I cannot see any thread on the rules and differences between the new servers? 

I checked in reporting, guide on how to get started, and the warning system threads, and there's no link to a list of rules. I assume they are just the same as before, but I have a lot of unanswered questions because of this;

I've heard there's an AFK kicker, how long is the timer? On the freeroam servers, is there collisions still or not? (I'm having trouble getting online on any of the servers currently, so I can't check any of this myself) The only thing I've been able to confirm is that the speed limiter is on the freeroam server, that's all. I've yet to see anyone because I can only connect to the US server, and that was only briefly. 

8 answers to this question

EU1: classic server (speed limiter on, collisions, admins)

US1: classic server        -----------//-----------

EU2: freeroam server (no speed limiter, no collisions and no admins?)

EU3: probably dev server

And I think, that, AFK kicker is set to 15 minutes. 

I am not 100% sure by these things, if i have some mistakes here, feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps! :)

If I helped you, make sure to click the "✓Like this" button!

Feel free to pm me, if you need something ;)

HAPPY TRUCKING!

Cc0rnyxXx

Thanks, that does help a bit. Although I'm sure the freeroam had the limiter on as well. 

I wanted to try that, but i wasn't able to connect to EU2 for some reason. Although I was offline, I wasn't able to reach more than 90km/h. So you are probably right.

But if we have limiter even on freeroam, then, I simply don't see the point of freeroam. Maybe it's just temporary bug, or something. 

HAPPY TRUCKING!

Cc0rnyxXx

#EU3 will become similar to #EU1 (so speed limiter, admin overview, etc). However #EU1 is now limited to 2500 players, while normally 3000-3500 players would be online. When #EU1 becomes full, players can go to #EU3 to play with the same rules. However you need probably version 1.1.2 R3 or 1.1.3 (R1) to be able to select the #EU3 server.

There shouldn't be a speed limiter on #EU2, but maybe it temporary enabled until #EU3 is ready. It is also possible that #EU3 will become the freeroam server. So many rumors, so little answers..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Thank you!! That took ages to find. It really should be made more obvious and accessible in the other main forum sections...

EDIT: Although yeah they are the same rules as before. Was hoping for some specific rules for the servers as well, but I guess that's probably still being written out and decided on. 

there is no limiter on EU2 :) if you still can't go over 90km on that server them you need to turn it off im your ingame settings, hope this helps!

It's weird, yesterday, i wasn't able to reach more that 90 on EU2, and in setting, I had limiter turned off.

HAPPY TRUCKING!

Cc0rnyxXx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.