Make fuel station deliveries NCZs

omd70

Suggestion Name: Make fuel stations which have deliveries non-collision zones

Suggestion Description: Same as title
Any example imagesae6a4544440c204018f17b0ff0394c3a.png
Why should it be added?: Annoying for both the person parking and other people. Not all admins know the spots ether so do not kick the trolls that sit parked in them (I was kicked while trying to park even though there was a guy sat in the spot with no trailer)

• Upvote 2

no plz, but if you encounter a driver sitting in that spot, kindly ask him in the chat if he can move a bit. Aftherall, he might not know that there's a drop off there.

If you get no reply, or they refuse, report them for blocking. Both ingame, and on the truckersmp site ( if an iga doesn't act on it til it have been resolved, or not to your liking ).

Remember, we're all new to this game, and not everyone knows of all the deliverypoints yet

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^

It's always an issue if theres 2-3 people wanting to park at the same time.

If someone goes afk in that spot then there's nothing you can do because it doesn't look like they are blocking anywhere normally, they just look like they are parked up in a corner. Without being able to skip parking in multiplayer this just means you have no choice but to wait for them to be kicked for afking

Edited by FirestarteR93
Removed quote from the post above

making it as a NCZ there wont work out because there is a road and fuel stations nearby.

Don't take jobs which drop in fuel stations (IRL drivers refuse jobs for various reasons. In MP, imagine its one of the reason where you have to refuse the job.) if you cant wait or report/ask a player.. And always you can cancel the job... 

No, no, absolutely not. This is the only spot I love to park at and I can do it w/o leaving the gas station.

If you can't park there simply don't take the load... anything with the oil companies logo as a destination is a gas station... the north west station is actually fairly big :)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I agree with many people here. These places should be kept as they are. I recently did a job to a place like this, and it worked out fine. I had a guy delivering a load at the exact same spot after me, so I did my best to hurry up, drop the load, skip through the menus and get out of the way. Honestly, it's not a huge problem at all if you just pay respect to each other. So -1 from me.  

• Upvote 1

Think of how messy it would be at the border of that zone, considering you can exit everywhere if you wanted to, and the zone would be so small, that most of the time, other trucks would be inside you or your trailer, causing flying trucks everywhere. And to be honest, traffic jams is a part of traffic in real life. Why shouldn't it be simulated here? And if you dislike the traffic jams, you should choose your jobs more wisely, and don't take the jobs that goes to these areas. 

• Upvote 1

No, no, absolutely not. This is the only spot I love to park at and I can do it w/o leaving the gas station.

If you can't park there simply don't take the load... anything with the oil companies logo as a destination is a gas station... the north west station is actually fairly big :)

that's kinda selfish isn't it? just because someones too bone idle to move for a minute or two to allow someone to drop off a load that they may have been driving for hundreds of miles with, isn't that fair and considerate towards your fellow trucker? I for one would like to see something done about this, especially the small fuel stations such as the one between Oxnard and santa cruz where people regularly block the road to park there and drop off, all it asks for is people to be considerate and park next to the fuel building if they must go AFK there or to find somewhere else to park that isn't going to intrude upon the games parking positions and not block traffic flow, so -1 for NCZ but something has to be enforced on this situation.

Suggestion Name:  Add a Non Collision Zone to Gas Stations

Suggestion Description: In American Truck Simulator they have added a new delivery point which is at a gas station and also there needs to be more fill up points as about 20 trucks were blocking roads waiting to enter the petrol station. For this you can either try and add more floating fill up point things or make Non Collision Zones.
Any example images:  N/A
Why should it be added?: Traffic jams can happen and some trucks are delivering to the stations.

There used to be NCZ in rest stops, that's no longer there. But i like it, more realistic

@the creeper ( and the rest that it fits for)

Dropp off points doesn't need to be ncz... pick up points on the other hand, does need to be ncz, else, we end up having flying trailers everywhere again. ( same goes for service station and garages ofcourse)

The problem with other dropp of points, are that they also contains pick ups. Exceptions are, as far as i've come across so far, fuel stations and roadworks

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

All adding NCZ to fuel stations will do is cause more harm than good with trolls using it to their advantage as well as impatient people driving through other trucks and launching them when physics re-engage, so all it needs is people to be respectful towards other drivers and to wait patiently till they can park instead of whining about it all, the drop off is usually very simple to park in anyway (just come in, swing around out on the road a little, full reverse back, parked.) so as long as people get going quick, theres no issues.

On one hand I see the argument as why an NCZ would be an issue, however a couple of nights ago it took me 30 minutes to drop at a fuel station because people were parking in between the inactive pumps leaving me no choice but to reverse in. They did move but then someone would block the entrance as they were queuing for fuel. I couldn't reverse as people getting inpatient decided to drive right up to me even though I had hazard warning lights and reverse engaged. Reporting them for blocking didn't work and I wasn't sure if it did indeed constitute blocking or not.

A lot of people don't realise you need to drop even if you explain in chat. It wouldn't be a problem if people took notice to wherever or not someone has a diesel tanker trailer and kept an eye on chat. I'm aware not all are English speakers.

I'll honestly say I don't think there is an easy solution. I've been able to drop at fuel stations for the majority of the time no problem however issues still occur on the occasional drop. Even despite my issue I'm saying NO to a NCZ, as I anticipate there will be more collision issues with it.

• Upvote 1