City Limiter Removed or Improved

TruckerKid

OK before we start, let's NOT turn this into a flame war about speedlimiter, as I am fine with the current 70mph limit. HOWEVER, the city limiter has to be adjusted somehow or removed because of the way the cities in America are laid out. I find it rather annoying that I will finally get up to highway speed on I-80 and then get immediately limited to LESS than 40mph when I'm on the INTERSTATE. Unlike ETS2 (with the exception of certains areas in Scandinavia DLC), some of the major highways go THROUGH cities in ATS not around (Reno is a perfect Example) . Your thoughts?

logo-wotr.png

Just play on server 2 then, no city limit there.

I wish it was as full as server 1. Because there the city speed limit is not in affect in ATS. I switched over for that very reason and just stick to the limits myself.

I found myself being torn between the increased interaction on server 1 and the driving experience on 2. 2 won out.

There's one part that's done right, but it's existence shouldn't be there either, I ran into it yesterday the highway was fine but afterwards it threw me back into the city limit for 1 or 2 outcast factories... it's actually just as annoying as ncz zones and noobs trying to park while you are too, which surprise surprise (not really :P) I've not seen yet...

Btw shouldn't this be a suggestion? Maybe pics of places that should be changed too

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Well, as a real American truck driver, the rules are simple really. Every state, city and county in the US obviously has speed limits. No where in the US does it go from lets say 65-70 mph to 40 mph or less without signs way in advance. No such thing as a speed limit sign that "sneaks" up. Also, 98% of interstates in the US don't run straight down town in any city, always a on/off ramp. Just saying, hope it helps

OK before we start, let's NOT turn this into a flame war about speedlimiter, as I am fine with the current 70mph limit. HOWEVER, the city limiter has to be adjusted somehow or removed because of the way the cities in America are laid out. I find it rather annoying that I will finally get up to highway speed on I-80 and then get immediately limited to LESS than 40mph when I'm on the INTERSTATE. Unlike ETS2 (with the exception of certains areas in Scandinavia DLC), some of the major highways go THROUGH cities in ATS not around (Reno is a perfect Example) . Your thoughts?

Solution = Play on Europe 2

When you find out Disney owns Star Wars  

^Not exactly considering the issue isn't with the limiter itself, but the way the mod detects when you are in a city but you're on an interstate where you shouldn't need to be limited to such a low speed. I can understand the limit when you're actually on the city streets where there is slow traffic, cross traffic, and stop lights. But not when you're on the interstate out of the way of said cross traffic and lights.

logo-wotr.png

There is no such thing as "ridiculously low speed" , just people who try to save time and get to their destination as fast as possible. 

That's not how trucking works. Even in real life, you're not going 90km/h from start to finish. Sometimes you have to go slow. It's cruel and unusual, but that's how you NOT DIE  :lol:

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

^^ This.  On interstate highways, it is actually possible to go from West coast to East Coast without leaving highway into city (except if ever had maintenance detour) , and even in metropolitan zone , since the route is isolated from streets; the speed limit is usually no less than 10 more mph than usual, thus 38mph wouldn't work well  (Even New Jersey has 50mph limit, lowest in all US states afaik.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived