Issues with new Client on ETS3 and ATS Client 0.2.0.6 Alpha

ClumsyZombie

Question

I removed the current copy I had of the client for just ETS2 and then I downloaded Client 0.2.0.6 Alpha. I did a full install of the client and it wouldn't install the winter mod but added 2 MP icons on my desktop one for ATS and one for ETS2.  I go to launch them and it never loads the game it acts like it is doing something and then nothing even loads up after picking Direct X or Open GL or any of the 3 options. 

This dose this on ETS2 and ATS now. So I have the log and this is what it tells me

This is for ETS

[22:18:14] <info> Logger started!
[22:18:14] <error> Cannot open config.txt file!
[22:18:14] <error> Cannot open config.dat file!
[22:18:14] <info> Game version is supported. Base address: 00007FF6BD2A0000 Signature: c00db871756e
[22:18:14] <info> [net] <Http async> creating thread...
[22:18:14] <info> [net] <Http async> thread created.

This is for ATS 
[23:18:50] <info> Logger started!
[23:18:50] <error> Cannot open config.txt file!
[23:18:50] <error> Cannot open config.dat file!
[23:18:50] <info> Game version is supported. Base address: 00007FF56FFA0000 Signature: a2ffa88cdb93
[23:18:50] <info> [net] <Http async> creating thread...
[23:18:50] <info> [net] <Http async> thread created.

I only had this problem after I loaded the new client. I have re-downloaded the client 2 or 3 times and I even went to the point of backing up my profiles and then removing all the games from the system and reinstalled it all. Still same issue.
I am on Windows 10 and seeing this issue. 
Also have the latest version of each game from steam. 

1 deal I have noticed is that if I have all my stuff set and I run the MP client I have to End task on the game and then if I go back into the game with out MP my video settings default back out to some random settings and I have to set them back to where I had them. This happens every time I run the MP client on either game. 

spacer.png

15 answers to this question

i got the same problem, and same entries into the logs.

Also, trying to run mp, resetts all the graphics settings to absolute minimum ( happends in both ats and ets2 )

Neither of them works in mp anymore, but works just fine in sp

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

So I have 

ran all as admin and in Windows 8 mode. 

I have also removed everything that has to do with games and steam and the program 

I have reinstalled and rebooted after everything 

I have disabled all and removed all firewalls because to me the error looks like it is unable to make a connection to a server so it just never loads the game like it is a update checker.

it has pissed me off that now I am reloading my computer with Windows 10 pro and going to install steam and the game and just this to see what is making it do this and if that doesn't work well then for sure has to be the client. I will keep you posted 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

ok so I did this and it is working it is not a solution at all 

reformatted my system and reinstalled windows

installed steam

installed ATS and ETS

installed the client

now I am able to get on Multi Player

So please bear with me I am going to start installing stuff back on my system and testing it each time I should post back once I have more information. 

spacer.png

So I know what the problem is now 100% Installed one hardware driver / software and it made it stop working 100%.

I play on a laptop and I have this device called a Display Link so that I can run more then on monitor (Many people use them) Once I installed their driver and firmware it stop working. Once I removed it all started working again 100%.

So to me this is a bug because the previous version of the client had no issues with this software/driver at all. But do i file it here or with Display Link. Also if I go to display link what the hell do I even tell them. 

It is like clock work now I remove it and works install it and it doesn't work. 

BTW... I know I shouldn't game on a Laptop so please don't tell them that. If I had money right now I would have a Intel core i7 6700 with 32 gig ram and a 980. But i don't......  

I wish I known what it doesn't like wondering if it is the fact maybe Display link doesn't like Direct X what is funny is that I am not even playing it on that monitor that is my monitor 2 I am playing it on a Direct cabled HDMI to the display port on the system but that software rewrites something that MP doesn't like. 

spacer.png

So I know what the problem is now 100% Installed one hardware driver / software and it made it stop working 100%.

I play on a laptop and I have this device called a Display Link so that I can run more then on monitor (Many people use them) Once I installed their driver and firmware it stop working. Once I removed it all started working again 100%.

So to me this is a bug because the previous version of the client had no issues with this software/driver at all. But do i file it here or with Display Link. Also if I go to display link what the hell do I even tell them. 

It is like clock work now I remove it and works install it and it doesn't work. 

BTW... I know I shouldn't game on a Laptop so please don't tell them that. If I had money right now I would have a Intel core i7 6700 with 32 gig ram and a 980. But i don't......  

I wish I known what it doesn't like wondering if it is the fact maybe Display link doesn't like Direct X what is funny is that I am not even playing it on that monitor that is my monitor 2 I am playing it on a Direct cabled HDMI to the display port on the system but that software rewrites something that MP doesn't like. 

You are on to something here! I just closed out Actual Windows manger which is a Multi monitor program and the game fired right up!

You are on to something here! I just closed out Actual Windows manger which is a Multi monitor program and the game fired right up!

So to me is this a Bug then they need to know about if anyone is running multi monitors like a hardware of software one then it won't allow the game to load? How do we go about letting the devs know. 

Hi my friend had the same problem but when he inactivated the "Auslogic BoostSpeed 8" the multiplay work in ETS2 :D

Also are you running a Multi-mon program or like a device to run multi monitors? and by you disabling "Auslogic BoostSpeed 8"  allowed it to work?

So would you advise I try to reinstall my stuff and then disable that setting?

spacer.png

^ in my case, i had display link running. With that off, mp works again.

might want to make this into a guide, or get it added to the how to install tread?

And, thank you for guiding us in the right direction ClumsyZombie

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^ in my case, i had display link running. With that off, mp works again.

might want to make this into a guide, or get it added to the how to install tread?

And, thank you for guiding us in the right direction ClumsyZombie

So you disabled Auslogic BoostSpeed 8 and now your Display link works with the multi player. Because I have been scared to reinstall it. 

If you did this can you tell me how you did it? Is it in the C:\Users\****\Documents\ATSMP area?  What is the steps to take this out? Where is Auslogic BoostSpeed 8 I have searched I am looking everywhere for it. 

Edited by SARAJ
Posts merged

spacer.png

^

So I submited a bug with all that ia did to make it happen and then how to make it work to them. it is listed at https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/26770-unable-to-launch-multi-player-launch-with-software-or-hardware-multi-monitor-system-0206-alpha/

Not sure what else I can do so that I get it noticed and then review it and maybe have a fix for it. Anyone else know what else I can do so that it gets looked at?

Edited by SprinterFS
Removed quote from above.

spacer.png