Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Hello fellow truckers, I have started this as a tips and tricks discussion. I will be posting tips here, and you can too.

Welcome to America!

America is full of trucking potentials, and we love to see you all driving about and making delivery's. 

Although I know you can't wait to hop into the American dream, here are some tips to help you out!

Remember, America is different then Europe! Take some time to get used to your truck. Your truck is

bigger than it was in Europe! Also take time to realize the size of your trailer! It is much bigger than back at home.

More tips to come as I think of more to add.

Post your tips below!

Happy trucking! -dantheman7755 :)

-dantheman7755

76561198073837042.png

I always get confused with that turning right on red... to the point one day I'm going to end up getting confused more than I already am! I swear I got fined for turning right or maybe I didn't indicate hmm...

good tips though!

Kind regards,

Matthew

You are driving a yacht and hauling a longer yacht, you have to make wider turns than in europe and cross over lanes to make such turns

To practice for the suprisingly even more harsh roads in california, get a 6x2 or 6x4 merc, a long load, and drive the scenic route to Italy in SP

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

^

To add on this, here's something you must know when making right turns. Keep in mind there are exceptions such as the length of your truck and the length of your trailer. If you are pulling something that is shorter than a standard 53' trailer (for example, a 28' pulp trailer) you don't need as much space.

Always take 1 and 1/2 lanes when making right turns. 2 lanes is ideal but in real life, hogging both lanes prohibits other cars from passing your right which will block you from turning. Depending on the lane you are turning into, always take note of the amount of lanes there is.

Sometimes, you don't need to take 1 and 1/2 lanes when turning right. If the street/road you are turning into has two or more lanes, one lane is enough.

Sometimes, when you make a right turn on a one lane street, you will need to cross over the other lane in order safely pass beside the curb.

As a rule of thumb, you always need 2 lanes to turn into 1 lane or 1 lane into 2 lanes.

If you are turning from 1 lane to 1 lane, you will need to cross over onto oncoming traffic to make the turn but never take an extra lane on the road you are turning from unless... there is only a one-way single street.

4030215307613718s.jpg

Just a small reminder: because you an turn right at most red lights doesn't mean you don't have to give right of way to traffic with green trafficlights.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Archived