ATS Speed limits

darkneon2002

^80 is okay on long stretches of Interstate, but 37 should always go to 35, for reality sake IMO, most major roads should go up by 2MPH, inner cities should go down by 2MPH just to keep it realistic and keep people slow in cities, also a smaller number of speed restrictions or a higher speed on Interstates, would be lovely.

And... EU#2 and US#1 are not limited. You can go up to 100 mph if your truck and cargo allow it. Please, let's not start another speed-limiter war as we had in ETS2MP. There's a limited server with 68 mph tops and no limited servers, you want to drive by the speed limits, drive in any of them, you want to drive faster, drive in EU#2 or US#1, simple as that.

One thing that always amuses me is how easily people asks to raise the limit up to 80 mph "to keep it real", but no one asks to lower the limit down to 55 mph in California to keep it real too... 68 is more or less the middle point between 55 and 80, so it's fine IMO. And let's not forget another thing, if limiter is set to 80 mph, we'll have a huge percentage of the players driving 80 everywhere, the same as they drive 68 everywhere now.

17 hours ago, Nick (Easton) said:

There shouldn't be any restrictions on speed limit, in my opinion. Anybody that's driving recklessly or breaking TruckersMP rules, however, should be reported and dealt with by administration.

the only issue is then is that you get kids who fly through cities at 100MPH wrecking into everyone left right and centre, its better to have restrictions, its a bit like removing all the speed limits IRL from all the roads, the death toll will rise dramatically and so will peoples anger and frustration, leave the limits, just make them more conformed with the US system and more away from the EU KPH standards.

On 2/6/2016 at 2:41 PM, ZiroX_HD said:

You speak about Racing...

I believe that the speed limits will be the same as ETS2MP, however I am not 100% sure.

this is true zirox but at the same time the game speed limits are set to a maximum of 80 MPH where the game speed limit only allows you to stay at 68 good recommendation but the only problem would be the trollers!

• Upvote 1

76561198046634853.png

DarkStar.

TruckersMP Game Moderator 
(Welsh • English • German)
www.TruckersMP.com

^not just the trolls, but the inexperienced who, as it stands now, take turns way too fast and wreck either themselves or oncoming traffic, you give them the option to go way faster and youll have what we have now in EU2 where guys scream along at the highest speed their truck can go, no care in the world, wrecking into people at junctions, offramps and other lanes because theyre going way too fast, so speed restrictions are fine, just need to be made a more rounded number in ATSMP to shake off the European feel.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

^not just the trolls, but the inexperienced who, as it stands now, take turns way too fast and wreck either themselves or oncoming traffic, you give them the option to go way faster and youll have what we have now in EU2 where guys scream along at the highest speed their truck can go, no care in the world, wrecking into people at junctions, offramps and other lanes because theyre going way too fast, so speed restrictions are fine, just need to be made a more rounded number in ATSMP to shake off the European feel.

I couldn't agree more with you, the only problem is any trollers or inexperienced, would be where the more experienced member fall, after thinking about it it's not safe to be put higher 

76561198046634853.png

DarkStar.

TruckersMP Game Moderator 
(Welsh • English • German)
www.TruckersMP.com

what I don't get is that ATSMP is regulated under European KPH, whereas the US is always under MPH everywhere, so it makes more sense to make the speed limit authentic with the country in question. I know it ETS2 there is the UK where we still use MPH, but its such a small part of the map that its no biggie, but because the whole of the ATS map is regulated by MPH, surely it makes more sense to bring to limits to the US standard?

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.