ATS Speed limits

darkneon2002

Suggestion Name: ATS server Speed limits

Suggestion Description: I suggest to set one server with the speed limit of 80mph and one without speed limit.
Any example images:  n/a
Why should it be added?: This way players that want a realistic simulator can have a server and those that want a race game or less realistic have their server.

Second reason is that overtaking like on the ETS2 speed limit servers often happens too slow and is prone to cause accidents. Please test this setting out and evaluate respons

Born to be wild in 1982 | Does not accept random Steam friend requests

a clearification to your response ZiroX:

going faster then the absolute max allowed speed for trucks is racing in my opinion.

so lets just say going +80mph for ATS or +90km/u in ETS2  is racing in my opinion but some would probably like to call it "arcade style"

so it was not my intention to call it "a race"

At the very least, the limiter should go up to 70MPH in ATS (Cali) and up to say 80MOH in Nevada (as it is state law that trucks can go that fast) besides, if you use the cruise control, you cant set it (by increasing the set speed) to 68MPH as it increments by 5MPH, not 1MPH so at least give us round numbers for speed limits instead of the conversion limits we had in ETS2 because of KMH and MPH, so it made sense, now, it doesn't at all.

At the very least, the limiter should go up to 70MPH in ATS (Cali) and up to say 80MOH in Nevada (as it is state law that trucks can go that fast) besides, if you use the cruise control, you cant set it (by increasing the set speed) to 68MPH as it increments by 5MPH, not 1MPH so at least give us round numbers for speed limits instead of the conversion limits we had in ETS2 because of KMH and MPH, so it made sense, now, it doesn't at all.

mine cc goes perfectly to 70 with cc increase per 5mph

that's what im saying, with the limit being 68MPH, it cant go to 70MPH if you increase the speed manually instead of hitting "C" at 68MPH, besides if its a rounder number, its a lot easier to see exactly when you hit the limit and such, hell we could always ask for exact limits in each state (55MPH in Cali only) and (80MPH in Nevada only) but people would still get upset at it, even though its what you have to do in Singleplayer anyway.

im fully aware of this, what im talking about is that your trucks on EU1 cannot reach 70MPH as the server is LIMITED to 68MPH maximum so if you use cruise control that you increase with a button, you cant go exactly that speed and so use more fuel as the cruise control tries to get you to that speed and cant so keeps the power on the entire time instead of backing off, wasting fuel away, if it was increased to 70MPH Limit,  at least then its a round number to focus on.

• 2 weeks later...

You say it would be easier to overtake if the limit was 80, but you're forgetting that people drive on the server speed limit anyway so you will be in the same situation. Then you need to think that the truck limit in California is 55 so those of us that do drive around that speed will get rear ended when you speed junkies are having an 80mph overtake battle. You approach someone doing 55 fast enough at 68 so there's no need for this change, just work on your patience levels.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

the limit should just go to a round number, either 65 or 70MPH, 70 is safe enough as its basically the same as what we have currently, anything higher in MP is just a recipe for disaster, also all single track roads should have a limit of either 35 or 45 because so many idiots drive along those roads at full speed and then wonder why people want to report them because they cant stop so cause wrecks, as well as just wreck themselves and block the roads.

4 hours ago, Dale Hammy said:

You say it would be easier to overtake if the limit was 80, but you're forgetting that people drive on the server speed limit anyway so you will be in the same situation. Then you need to think that the truck limit in California is 55 so those of us that do drive around that speed will get rear ended when you speed junkies are having an 80mph overtake battle. You approach someone doing 55 fast enough at 68 so there's no need for this change, just work on your patience levels.

^ IMO your  point is mostly correct but you may be forgetting that diff' weight loads will have of course, heavier drag on the given truck engine, and in certain places (climbs on I-80 going east out of Cali' for example), the trucks with lighter loads, and occasionally bigger engines, will be able to use the 80 mph limit to effectively (and arguably safer because of less side by side time) overtake the slower trucks. 

^ I see where you're coming from, but you could probably count situations like that on one hand so I can't see why it would be more effective overall. Don't get me wrong you're right in what you're saying, and if the map had a lot more gradients like that then it would seem more reasonable to have an 80 limit. It's just that with the majority of the map being relatively flat that even single track roads with tight curves wouldn't slow your truck down enough to warrant the extra speed (well not like you'd want to go fast around sections of road like that), which would lead to more people that would be going faster on the entry of roads like that. It's bad enough to see someone coming towards you on a road like that still doing 60, let alone at 80. I just think it would cause more hassle than good in the long run so I don't see the point of it.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.