Speed Limiter? (ATS only)

Inthernet

NV says 80mph, CA says 55mph.. as a european i prefer CA law in that metter.. or maybe we could make a compromise.. 65mph limiter in mp? :)

also there is arizona on the way which i didnt look at laws yet.

In California, any vehicle with 3 or more axles are limited to 55MPH, and are required to stay in the right lane (or right two lanes).  On the Grapevine (Up and down a long hill), CA limits trucks to 35MPH, while everyone else goes 55-60.

signature.png

There is a speed camera in ATS. I have AI off in SP and see I get speeding fines. Right now, I got speeding fine because speed camera (showing in screenshot below.) You can get speeding fine as well in ATSMP.

qW58ojr.jpg

Right now once ATSMP released, you may need keep eye out for speed camera and watch your speed if you low on money.

Limiter ON or OFF, doesn't really make that big of a difference if everybody will have inflated bank accounts with 1 billion $ on them. Speeding fines mean nothing in this case, so max speed all the way.

Have some sort of server side economy, and all of a sudain, speed limits make sense. Traffic lights make sense. Cop cars make sense.

Otherwise , it's #YOLO .

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

They can leave the speedlimit off, as long as they leave the police cars ON , that way, if you speed , just a weee little bit - BAM - 1000$ thank you very much.

But then there's the issue of inflated bank accounts...

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

limiter doesn't matter until Volvo or Freightliner are in game because good luck going past 60 or 65 with a 2500 Nm engine in long american gearboxes

I almost agree with you - both the VNL and the Freightliner (Coronado) have up to 600hp engines

Oh btw also the current trucks in the game are able to reach up to ~130 kph ( i suspect that's ~75-80mph? )

I almost agree with you - both the VNL and the Freightliner (Coronado) have up to 600hp engines

Oh btw also the current trucks in the game are able to reach up to ~130 kph ( i suspect that's ~75-80mph? )

I got my Kenworth daycab with stock starting engine to 90MPH, but just barely.  That was going downhill, otherwise, it seems to top out at 87MPH.

signature.png

Archived