[ARCHIVED] Your survival guide to parking

MrDaGree

Hello! Welcome to the survival guide to parking!

*Any and all information can and will be updated to be correct.

Welcome to my guide and tips on parking in ATS. I recently found that its rather difficult parking in tight spaces based on a few things. To get started I'm going to share the (what I think) is the most useful knowledge for the game in the parking world.

Tip #1:

When ever you can use a shorter framed truck! Shorter frames make you smaller and easier to maneuver in these tight spaces. Don't get me wrong the longer frame can be used to park in these small areas but the smaller frame will help until you get the practice!

fgoynRi.jpg

(Small frame above)

PuEwaTI.jpg

(Longer frame above)

Tip #2:

Less trailer axles the better! The less axles (set of tires each on the left and right side) make it so the trailer can maneuver better due to the fact is only is on fewer axles. Again don't get me wrong if you want a higher challenge you can take more axle trailers!

(Images will be added once I find another job for it)

To-do:

* Tutorials for parking in specific places.

* Images for trailers.

* Add community tips and tricks.

• Upvote 1

Is there anything I can improve on? Let me know if there is!!

• 2 months later...

Very good advice. I'm not sure if this applies to Semi's, but when my dad had his lawn business, he used to have to tow the lawn trailer around. He had told me that longer trailers are easier to park. I'm not sure if it applies with Semi Trucks, but it was something he had told me when he had the trailer.

36 minutes ago, -Ant- said:

Very good advice. I'm not sure if this applies to Semi's, but when my dad had his lawn business, he used to have to tow the lawn trailer around. He had told me that longer trailers are easier to park. I'm not sure if it applies with Semi Trucks, but it was something he had told me when he had the trailer.

In theory, yes, longer trailers are actually easier to park in many opinions. Longer trailers allow more precise corrections and maneuvers to position. You can also turn the wheel to the extreme ends and the trailer won't take off on you. I have a bear of a time parking shorter trailers. Their movement is too extreme, precise corrections lead to trailers going off every which way.

I've definitely had to try 2-3 times sometimes parking shorter trailers. The longer ones I can usually get in one go.

• Upvote 1

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

• 4 years later...

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 3 weeks later...