Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Players spawning way too close to me.

Save

Question

Hey there!

Not sure if this is a change or if there is a setting to change this but..

I haven't played for almost 3 months and when I reinstalled multiplayer and started driving I noticed that other player's trucks spawn way too close to me and I almost crash into people... Is there any fix to this? I never had this issue when I last installed this mod.

(and by the way I don't mean when people log in too close to me, I mean when people are driving towards/away from me they spawn in all of a sudden for me)

(i hope this made sense)

13 answers to this question

Yes, it's happening since the last 2 updates, I believe. When the devs set the GPS dots (and other changes) a lot of us noticed this, you are driving all alone, you see someone appears in your TAB list, later it appears as a dot in the GPS... And finally, you see the truck when it's like 100 meters away or less. Just in case, don't disable the GPS dots (they can be unrealistic, but they are also a great help when you're on a rural 2 lane road, specially at night or if you use the Winter mod).

Aaah now i know what you are mean. They are suddenly appear from nowhere ;)

Maybe you can fix it if you press tabulator (tab), right mouse click, click at settings and increase the "draw distance" or distance to show some object. I'm not home, so i can't guide you though. Just look in the settings. Click Apply and Ok and the problem is solved.

cold case

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is a known problem in ETS2MP, which can be frustrating at times, but I'm sure the developers are working on a fix for this  :)

If you keep your GPS screen up (or your trucks GPS if it has one and whether you have good eyes lol :D) , you will be able to see a Blue dot for when a player is coming towards you. It gives you an earlier warning for when another truck user is coming, giving you time to react more quicker.