G27 splitter

antrax737

Guys im having a problem with 18 gear gearbox, so I would like to know how did you guys setup splitter, if i set it up like I did in ets2 I can shift up normaly but when in comes to shifting down thats when problems start. Example: im in 18th gear and then i shift down using spliter and instead ending up in 12th gear i end up in 6th gear... its driving me nuts. So how did you guys setup spliter?

Sry for bad english, I didnt had time to take time to write this as im at work.

if they set it up like it was in ets2 it should be the first two red buttons on the shifter are your splitters so first button changes it from 1-6 to 7-12 second button changes it from 7-12 to 13-18. also not sure if that's what you were asking so sorry if that doesn't answer your question as i dont have ATS yet so not sure the problem your having 

4i21k0-5.png

if they set it up like it was in ets2 it should be the first two red buttons on the shifter are your splitters so first button changes it from 1-6 to 7-12 second button changes it from 7-12 to 13-18. also not sure if that's what you were asking so sorry if that doesn't answer your question as i dont have ATS yet so not sure the problem your having

The problem is that it goes automaticly from 18th gear to 6th instead 18th to 12th... meh gonna try again today, maybe its just me idk...

^ that is a very weird issue are you sure your not hitting the wrong button? cause i have done that before accidently hit the button to split from 1-6 to 7-12 which also will throw you directly back down to 6th gear instead of 12th because your technically disengaging both ranges at the same time done that many times in ETS2 by accident but i plan on buying ATS today so i will see if i experience the same issue.

4i21k0-5.png

^hmm that is very odd like i said im gonna buy it today so ill see if i have a similar issue and id see about maybe sending a bug report to SCS about it

Well after playing ATS for 2 hours i have found that different trucks and transmissions will swap the splitter buttons around so while you might think your hitting the one to go down into just the range below you might in fact be hitting the one to go all the way back down to 1-6 so id be wary of that and i wonder if thats whats going on with you as i did it several times where i meant to just drop one range and ended up dropping it into the basement and over reving it though makes me glad this game isn't too realistic as i would have blown the motor on the rental several times

4i21k0-5.png

Thats how I have mine set.  1-6 normal, 7-12 first red button, 13-18 second red button.

^ Not like you need to use all 18 gears anyways. I've pulled my truck up to 55 mph (and then higher if the highway permits) with a 13-gear. Besides, with 18, you'll be skipping a lot of the gears; Low, 1, 3, 4, 5L (or H), 6H, 8L, 9H, etc.

This is pretty much true. With 18 speeds, you really don't need to go on every gear.

To give an example, IRL, here's how I would use 18 speed with a heavy load.

18 speeds with low-low and low-high splitter (12 lows and 6 highs)

1LL, 3LL, 5LL, 4LH, 5LH, 7H, 8H, 9H, 10H.

As a rule of thumb, 5LH, 6H are relatively the same. I only use this gear for making turns.

Hope his helps.

Edit: 13 speed, lazy way of using it. Only split on last gear only.

Here's how I would use it.

1L, 3L, 5L, 7HL, 8HL, 9HL 10HL, 10HH.

4030215307613718s.jpg

^ Similar to what Obico said above... Once you've purchased your own truck, go into the settings and select the appropriate gearing from the controls menu. In my case, I have the 18 speed transmission and a 6 position G27 shifter, therefore I've elected for the Eaton Fuller 18 from the drop down menu. Allows me to have L + H of each gear (not that it's needed). I have 2 buttons configured on my wheel: 1 for range selector (L-4 vs 5-8) and 1 for the splitter (Low vs. High).

If I were to shift thought all the gears in order, it would look like this (pressing the splitter button each time to switch between L and H):

LL, LH, 1L, 1H, 2L, 2H, 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H range up 5L, 5H, 6L, 6H, 7L, 7H, 8L, 8H

Keeping in mind that a "split" is more of a half gear than a full change. In practice, with a reasonable load weight, most drivers will use an 18 similar to a 12 or 13 speed where you skip unnecessary shifts(again similar to Obico, just a different way of doing it):

LL, 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L range up 5L, 6L, 6H, 7L, 7H, 8L, 8H

This results in much less use of the splitter as you're only splitting 6, 7, and 8.

Reverse works the same with R1L, R1H range up R2L, R2H for a total of 4 reverse gears.

HRvc5yL.jpg

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps a bit. Be glad to clear up anything further if I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived