Must Own Your Own Truck Before You Can Start Multiplayer

Krym

Suggestion Name: Stating Truck Ownership is Necessary To Play ETS2MP

Suggestion Description: There should be something added to the game rules or another convenient area stating that users must own their own truck in order to successfully play ETS2MP
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: This should be added because it will hopefully reduce any support tickets being created for this issue. This will also minimize confusion being caused to any new user so they have clearly stated that they must play singleplayer until they have their own truck and only then can they play in multiplayer

Regards,

Krym

Owner of Global Logistics

I started a profile from scratch in MP, did a couple of quick jobs, got the loan and bought a truck. Not a single minute in SP. And then, I have this level 57 profile and every day, when I log in, I have to teleport or sleep because the jobs list is empty. So I don't see the need for this requirement, sorry. -1 from me.

• 2 weeks later...

A new rule states that at least 2 hours MUST be played in single player before you can play MP, so by then they will've had everything required.

People are also advised to get a beginners save file, such as: https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/11094-ets2mp-beginner-save-file/where you have enough money and levels to get a truck and the freight market. And for that, -1 from me. Sorry.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read somewhere they are going to implement server side profiles in a later version. This was mentioned along time ago but could still be a possibility. 

The only way I could see that working is if there is a serperate freeroam server for those without there own truck, from there they are allowed into the main servers with there own truck.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Wall of text sorry :D

^ one way is your profile is in a cloud server (giggles at the name) and you connect to it every time you log in. And when you log out it saves your profile to the cloud. Not much extra programming needed just redirect the save location from your drive to their cloud server. Same with job listings. But job listings they'd need to control everyone's jobs and inject the trailers into the game. There's already a site that syncs players loads by uploading their profile etc but that's a one time thing we need a variable way for loads, which is more complex.

Edited by Ghost

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...