Traffic Warning System

+1

It brings alot more realism to the game, to have a map kind of like the ets2map.com, but with a heatmap.

That would make it easier for radio stations to provide traffic reports, and it is just very funny and nice to have it :D

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about taking it one step further?

Take google navigation for example, it highlights busy area's on the road, and warns if there are any delay's.

If somehow the navigation system could be reprogrammed in a way as a TomTom or Google Navigation, so it pops up a warning that it is very busy on the road and it advises a other road to drive. 
Something in the line, if 20 trucks are standing still for 3 minutes, than it is a traffic jam.

But programming that would be a hell I guess haha

• 3 weeks later...

A little "the more you know" of how google maps implemented road traffic in real time.

The way system looks is by coloring lanes of road on the map with color. Red is congested and transparent color is no traffic.

The way they programmed this is by taking phones position (remember how most android phones have google apps on them)

and use them to figure out where the traffic is. The most phones on one place, that is where the traffic congestion is so then

the system paints those lanes red on the map.

How could that work in ETS? Well again possibly coding algorithm that looks for most people on one place and then sends

out message of biggest nearby place and posts it in chat (alternatively coloring lanes on the map?).

Now if this is actually technically doable and performance friendly

is another story and challenge. But then again so was making Multiplayer Framework for ETS.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my humble, non-technical brain, suggests that it might actually be possible to anchor up server side messages with an API.

API is allready being used on:
https://traffic.krashnz.com/

https://ets2map.com/

I am by NO means a techie, nor do i claim to know how API's work, and don´t work, but if it should be doable, i bet that is the way to go ?

I do like the idea, however, as allready mentioned, any player spending more than 12 hours on EU2, WILL know about those tightly congested areas allready.

Also, how should the message be delivered ? Splashscreen message ? .... Chat message ? ... there pro's and con's for both really...

+1 though, because i really DO like the idea ^^

On 25.01.2016 at 11:01 PM, scarface0359 said:

I think a bunch of dots on your GPS already warn you enough, you should always be careful when approaching EP.

On 19.10.2017 at 10:11 PM, Anriandor said:

Who knows what the future brings, I would certainly want to have that.

Is not this idea really good? But how is there such as idea for the application? Get a ghost ring of every point on the navigation. namely goal is that; The red ring will appear when the point of the far away from navigation. for a point that separates from the horizon of the navigation. So the amount of accumulated players ahead of the way I will go. When this is the case I will see red rings in the navigation horizon. Maybe this is funny my idea. but my idea is to make this work done for you. ^_^

On 28.01.2018 at 10:04 PM, .oO( Tina_DK )Oo. said:

API is allready being used on:
https://traffic.krashnz.com/

https://ets2map.com/

We need to know that these two are separate technics. During the game, it is not always easy to open and look at it.

this idea is +1 from me.

Me personally, i listen to TruckerFM and enjoy listening to the live traffic updates. Maybe having somthing on the game that makes these updates come on the radio automaticly. i.e. an option you can use where even if your radio is off the update will still play when it comes on the radio :) this means you don't have to stop and check of even go into a menu.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2016 at 5:08 PM, oolala11 said:

Suggestion Name: Traffic warnings

Suggestion Description: So, say you're approaching Europort, and there is a massive jam there.  How about either a chat warning when approaching of heavier traffic, or a different colour on the map to show areas with high or low traffic.  Also, an idea might be for a system like Waze navigation app which allows real time reporting of things like stopped trucks etc.  
Any example images: None needed
Why should it be added?: Just allows users to plan journeys properly without needing to go to the CCTV or for an admin to be on to warn of traffic.

Helo I think they already plan on this would be a good