Traffic Warning System

Suggestion Name: Traffic warnings

Suggestion Description: So, say you're approaching Europort, and there is a massive jam there.  How about either a chat warning when approaching of heavier traffic, or a different colour on the map to show areas with high or low traffic.  Also, an idea might be for a system like Waze navigation app which allows real time reporting of things like stopped trucks etc.  
Any example images: None needed
Why should it be added?: Just allows users to plan journeys properly without needing to go to the CCTV or for an admin to be on to warn of traffic.

I think a bunch of dots on your GPS already warn you enough, you should always be careful when approaching EP.

Also, that Waze-inspired app won't work since trucks (diss)appear in just a few seconds, the truck you want to report might be gone already while you haven't finished the report on the app.

• True Story 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I agree with the above posts. There'd probably have to be a special member of the community whose constantly looking out for traffic, eg. An admin without kicking, banning or teleporting to service permissions and would come up in the chat as like:

[TRAFFIC] Heavy traffic at Europort. Please try to avoid the area.

Don't know what it'd be like for non-English players though.

^but isn't that the rule as it is now? Heavy traffic at europoort, use a different route is advicable.... (though, i ofthen detour trough europoort for the traffic caos :P )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Just take caution around EP and rotterdam, try to stick to low speeds as it gets quiet laggy around here , when on the way to EP take caution when the lane merge happens, thats usually when the chaos begins leading up to the corner. Slow speeds is key around EP

• Upvote 1

+1 Like the idea. I imagine it would be something hard to implement in MP because of draw distance and the distance which players are shown to a user, but I wonder if possible if we could collect data from www.ets2map.com of how many drivers are around certain area and create an average look on the busiest areas which could then be indicated in-game by the colored roads which you mentioned (possibly another ETS2MP option for drivers to have) such as

Red: High Traffic (High Traffic Density - Drive with Caution)

Yellow: Medium Traffic (Medium Traffic Density - Approach with Caution)

Green: Low Traffic (Low Traffic Density - Be aware)

Great idea though!

• Upvote 2

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2016 at 7:08 PM, oolala11 said:

Suggestion Name: Traffic warnings

Suggestion Description: So, say you're approaching Europort, and there is a massive jam there.  How about either a chat warning when approaching of heavier traffic, or a different colour on the map to show areas with high or low traffic.  Also, an idea might be for a system like Waze navigation app which allows real time reporting of things like stopped trucks etc.  
Any example images: None needed
Why should it be added?: Just allows users to plan journeys properly without needing to go to the CCTV or for an admin to be on to warn of traffic.

if this some how works we all owe you big time haha as i know how it feels being suck at europort for ages

ENJOY THE GAME 

I think they can make this work, per example: if there is a lot of trucks positions (x, y, z) on the Europort area (k km2) send a warning when player is 100 km close to Europort. Probably the positions of the players (trucks) can be taken from the server since you know (devs). Just my 2 cents.

+1 like the idea.

jknrGrM.jpg?1

-1 I think CB radio is supposed to solve and help with this.. i really hoped so.. but no.. no one gets it (even the them dosnt) - this is sad..

if the players and the team would get it, the range of the cb would be much higher and no one would yell stupid nonsense and (on ets2mp) everyone would be in there language based channels warning others.

but everyone thinks cb is a replacement for ts3 -.-

Edited by sgpch1983

sysp-73354.png

• 1 year later...

A warning system and real-time traffic information sound really great actually. I can imagine it is rather hard to achieve, however, it works in real life so why should that not be possible in a game. :huh:

Who knows what the future brings, I would certainly want to have that. :)

+1, and the idea of Waze is really cool. If there can be a TruckersMP app on our phone, where we can report real time, say an accident, or a vehicle pulled over like you said, traffic, and it pops up on other users maps in game for say 5 minutes, with 5 minutes more added when someone else reports it or confirms it (just like Waze but less time), it would be very cool IMO.