Dangerous Overtaking sometimes affects your driving

immortal766

Does this ever happen to you, when someone is overtaking you in a tight corner and in a bid to save your trailer from having any damage you sometimes steer towards the edge of the road and hit the barrier and that momentary action destabilizes you and you veer from left to right for a minute or two because of the actions of the dangerous driver?

Here's my experience, please share yours if it has ever happened to you. :) 

I'm always taking corners that little bit wider, some drivers do tend to cut it a little close. I mean, I get there are technically two lanes here, but one is for me mkay buddy ;)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

Yes, happend to me too.

In mu experience, it happens more offten with playes using a keyboard/mouse to drive. When using a steering wheel, it's alot smoother and you can actually stay in your lane with milimetric precision. When using the keys on the keyboard to steer the truck, you make small corrections to your steering, making the truck appear to go in this small zigzag motion. Now, when you see this in your rearview mirror, you want to give the guy as much space as possible, so he wown't hit you. You do end up paying more attention to what the fellow next to you is doing and loose sight of the incoming barrier.

As with your case , lag sometimes "helps you" into the barrier, or freezes one of the players in place, canceling your evasion actions.

Best course of action - slow down , you have more control of what's happening arround you the slower you go.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

is that just lag from recording or does it play like that on your system ?couldnt handle that tbh no wonder he went round you lol

I was lagging a bit, but overtaking on a double white line and around the corner is not professional driving at all. By all standards, it's wrong

@ John_Stobart, I wasn't driving fast. I was below the speed limit for the road because of the sharp bends and also I had a J-Spec engine on my truck that's why my acceleration was not as quick as their's.

Well, people overtook you because you lag a lot. Indeed the guy overtook you in a wrong spot and without taking care of anything else, but you should've slowed down too.

Anyway it happened to me once, but I lost control and went out of the road.

Whenever I see another truck oncoming I always scoot over a little bit, regardless if it's a straight or a corner. 

Had too many things happen at this point that it's ingrained in my brain, I do the same if I see someone wanting to overtake me, I move over to the side a little bit to encourage them to overtake safely.

^Once someone has started their overtake I slow it down down a good 10km/h because of this reason. It's not usually a slow peaceful merge either, it's like a "full lock and I'm in" merge :lol:

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

I agree, some players seem to be quite reckless in their driving, regardless of their tag, nationality, color or age.

In my case , anyone aproaching me is a suspect :) .

Except those very few exceptions of players who see you go 50km/h in a 50km/h zone, stay behind you, keep their distance, follow you for half your journey and end up adding you as their friend on Steam.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

I agree, some players seem to be quite reckless in their driving, regardless of their tag, nationality, color or age.

In my case , anyone aproaching me is a suspect :) .

Except those very few exceptions of players who see you go 50km/h in a 50km/h zone, stay behind you, keep their distance, follow you for half your journey and end up adding you as their friend on Steam.

Seen alot with all respect most drivers from Asia or China being reckless. And Turks without trying to generalise.

Russians seems to be favored too. :ph34r:

Yes, I tend to get this problem. I tend to drive on corners closer to the middle (leaves a wider distance to the barrier) but it also tends to put people off from overtaking, I do move over a bit if there is someone on the opposite side but if not I'm taking that room up haha

Kind regards,

Matthew

A  good tip is   if  you see any one behind you pull over  on the side   because   the user  right  behind you 100% will trash  your truck .

its  very simple  not hard  to do just  like saying slow  down  on country roads its  not hard  to slow  down at  least  yea  maybe  its  slow  but  it  is a simulation  game  so  please  do respect  the  game .

and  enjoy  it.

gt15 ect.... speed  all you want ect... on ets2mp its  more different. 

76561198098873827.png

Guest Tygrys330

If you have a blind corner then don't overtake. People on the outside of the corner can go faster, then form the people inside of the corner. On the autobahn you would normally overtake on the inside lanes, then again their are times where you have to go on the outside lanes.

Archived