Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Can't seem to go faster than 55MPH

Question

Hi guys,

I have been playing ETS2 for about 2/3 years, I never download mods.

My truck seems to go slow and sometimes its embarrassing when trucks pass me. I was wondering does anyone have instructions to change the behaviour of this? I heard someone editing config file or something like this but just unsure! 

All help is appreciated, thank you.

8 answers to this question

Make sure that you have you Speed Limiter turned off in options. If this is on, it limits you to a realistic speed, not letting you go the full speed that the game will let you do. Are you on a WoT Job, or normal freight market?

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

All servers allow speeds faster than 55 mph, so the only chances your truck is going that speed are:

In gameplay settings, you have the speed limiter activated.

You're driving WoT external contracts, they are limited to 55 mph (90 Km/h) no matter what server you logged in.

Check if any of these applies to your problem. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for your help guys. Speed limit was on, now off and had a few speeding tickets lol.

Also is there anyway we can report idiots that crash in you for fun? Cost me 16,000 in damage not good! 

Hello kiebaes

This is a guide made by our web developer J-M on how to use the report system → https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/18243-how-to-use-the-report-system/

And a guide made by on how to find correct steamid/ets2mp id from game or spawning logs of ets2mp , Please also see this → https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/3037-how-to-properly-report-users/

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask us :D