Changes to the ban process

AbbieGator

^As you said it by yourself, 'idiot' is an insult.

It can be a soft insult for you while it's a hard insult for others. Just don't say it, there is no need for it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I did not say that it was not an insult. You're both taking the wrong context. One person must be extremely (couldn't express it hard enough) sensitive in order to feel offended by the word idiot. It's just not worth a perm ban. You do not tell me that you have never called someone either of words in earlier posts.

TL;DR: At this rate, the playerbase will eventually ''die'' because of the amount of harsh punishments for the lightest things.

I do think there should be a cooling down period now I think about it, like if someone gets banned from a year ago it should start from the beginning if they haven't committed an offence since?

I agree, a bit like points on a drivers license, they do expire after a year or something, so any ban that's older than a year should be deleted from the ban history. What about successfully appealed bans?

• Upvote 1

insluting i kicked always when i says idoit when a person ram me 1 year back the rules was not even also this... for says idoit orsomething was insta ban from 3-4 hours..

You're right, a long time ago the rules about insulting/swearing/profanity were not as hard as they are now. But as loyal players, we are supposed to be aware of the rules changes when they come. Some time ago, you could say Idiot in the chat and don't even be reported, but now there's a lot more people playing, a lot of kids, and that's why they had to harden the rules about language in the chat. I'm not saying that I agree with baning someone for two days just for saying "Idiot" in the chat, it seems way too harsh, 10 year old kids call themselves much worse things in the streets... But those are the rules of the server, we have to comply with them or risk being banned.

Yes it is. As the first page of this topic says, 4th ban is one month regardless of what happened.

Then perhaps there should be changes to the rules then if you have people being banned for so long for minor offenses. I come from a different gaming community and we punish based on the severity of the offense not how many bans the player has. Since the bans they have could be for different things that don't pertain to the current issue at hand.

Also what might help here is having an Admin abuse forum that everyone can see and post when they feel an admin has wronged them with proof. This gives the admin team transparency and allows everyone to have a process to file grievances without the appearance of it being doing in the shadows.   

The first 3 bans have lengths based on the severity. Since 3 chances are enough, ban 4 and 5 have fixed lenghts, and ban 6 is the final goodbye ban.

You can always contact Clarkinator if you feel an admin is abusing it's powers, he will investigate the case and take action when needed.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^even if you have just a minor offence, you still show that you're not interested to change, if you manage to get repetedly banned for it....

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

The first 3 bans have lengths based on the severity. Since 3 chances are enough, ban 4 and 5 have fixed lenghts, and ban 6 is the final goodbye ban.

You can always contact Clarkinator if you feel an admin is abusing it's powers, he will investigate the case and take action when needed.

In my opinion the current system is flawed and open to abuse with banning players. Lots of the rules are VERY ambiguous and open to interpretation which leads to varying lengths or types of punishment. This is me coming at it from being a LSA in my other gaming community that has to deal with bans, admin abuse reports, player reports and forums reports. I poured over some of the ban appeals on here and one thing that is glaring is that admins punish for what they see at the moment they get there. So if you don't know what led to the current situation that causes issues in punishment since you yourself didn't see what actually happened and came after the fact.

I see a lot of well its hard for other admins to review a ban appeal since they don't know what happened. You know how you solve that? Have a bans database where every ban must have documentation with proof. That way any admin can review the ban appeal. We never allow our admins to review a ban appeal that is for the LSA's and Roots to handle since you need to have the review process impartial and devoid of bias.     

• Upvote 3

Also what might help here is having an Admin abuse forum that everyone can see and post when they feel an admin has wronged them with proof. This gives the admin team transparency and allows everyone to have a process to file grievances without the appearance of it being doing in the shadows.   

Eh admin abuse. When people can't find excuses, it's all admins or moderators fault, as ever. Do you know why we decided to do this? To open people's minds and think before doing something wrong, it's to prevent people to grief other users and behave correctly and respecting everyone. It's all about respect between players.

We had users with 12/13 bans on their history that kept doing what they always did (insulting,ramming,blocking), they have no respect for others, so I can't see why we should give those people the privilege of using our free mod and using our servers that are paid by developers and by those great people that donate money for maintanance. This way people (hopefully) will try to act better, and if they don't, they won't have anymore the joy of playing with others since everything they like to do is to annoy those who simply want to have fun and play with friends.

And related to your last post, if you think rules are unclear, you can still open a topic and talk about which rules are not understandable for you and maybe for others.

wut

why post it here

the original one got locked

Really? I think something wrong happened e look for a better place to post.

Well, that's sad. That's a forum governerd by dictators, so I'm out. It's really sad, ATSMP with these admins will be the same gargabe than ETS2MP. I feel bad for devs, they make a really nice job, but some admins are messing up =/

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me