Changes to the ban process

AbbieGator

ADMIN ABUSE: admin SGT_TAYLOR I want to report abuse of this admin after posting often disturb several players, this guy comes to me and puts a ban .... When those reported in at least 6 times to whom should ban. Tired of abuse administrators.

Well certainly fast remove this message because abusers do not want anyone to know the truth.

You was banned for blocking, I don't think that's abuse, make a ban appeal or contact clarkinator

Also Sgt_tailor is a new admin so he is just getting used to things.

• Upvote 1

Dude Admins are very busy, you seriously think An admin will look at all 6 of your reports straight away, when they get to your report the perpetrator may of gone so they will stick around to see what happens, clearly you was in the wrong, next time instead of calling admins abusers you could possibly try recording the guy you trying to report and reporting them via the report system on the website.

Okay seriously.

Firstly, I've watched over the video, You were clearly in the wrong, I have no clue why you're calling abuse.

I, a admin know that we have 100's of reports to deal with, We can't respond to your specific reports just because you think we should.

We have to care for the whole server, Not be a personal admin for you.

Secondary, Sgt Tailor is quite new to the team, Calling abuse on such a new admin is not very nice at all, Even when the ban reason is valid, and even provides valid evidence for it.

I'm going to stop here, But if you really want to officially report the admin, Contact Clarkinator

spacer.png

have 648 hours in ets, and never a ban and today, in addition to supporting whom annoying, causing accidents, blocking, by stopping him and say stop, and reported at least 6 times, I'm leaving with the ban ... ets alive! admin and occupied? little bit busy and look more recent report list. but ok cool ...

IT doesnt matter how many hours you have in ets2. I know from experience that blocking is not the answer to telling someone to stop.

Please contact clarkinator if you feel the ban is invalid

have 648 hours in ets, and never a ban and today, in addition to supporting whom annoying, causing accidents, blocking, by stopping him and say stop, and reported at least 6 times, I'm leaving with the ban ... ets alive! admin and occupied? little bit busy and look more recent report list. but ok cool ...

Watch that video over again: https://youtu.be/ugsT4WP67Xs. There no used to report Admin abuse.

Secondary, Sgt Tailor is quite new to the team.

Go ahead and contact clarkinator if you feel the ban is invalid.

Most of the rules are common sense. People claim ignorance for ramming, but the answer to that is, why would that be permitted? Intentional hitting another user, because you can? That would be against the rules in any reasonable driving simulator.

I have to kindly disagree with the "common sense" assertion.

At the end of the day, ETS2 is a gaming software sold in gaming outlets. There are many "Liriks" on the net who take a different approach to uncommon sense when it comes to gaming.

Then there are genuine rookies. A top CS:GO player, Cloud9 Shroud without Lirik's bad attitude got caught with his pants down on stream, making genuine rookie errors. He went the wrong way after crossing to the UK and was looking for a gap in the barriers to switch over to the correct side instead of F7 or correcting the truck position in SP, resulting in a justified 3 day ban. He was however, not malicious and actively avoided ramming people. We need to make it easier to educate these kinds of non-malicious, new people who are not hopeless as Lirik

(I remember an Australian admin, was it you who played League of Legends where it's common sense to be nice and cooperative in order to win...oh wait :P).

Please also answer my question about having ban records removed if it can be shown he was wrongfully banned. E.g

"Blocking" after getting rammed, cannot F7 due to truck vibrating, admin bans in 10 seconds.

Dear Zeus:

1. You should be acknowledged of these rules. If you violate them, you'll get a sanction (Kick, or ban).
  2. If you see someone breaking the rules, you may report them in-game. But that won't guarantee that YOUR report will be dealt with immediately.
  3. You could also skip step 2. Use a screen-recording software. After stopping in a safe place, a Non-Collisions Zone, you may report the players over here
  4. Keep in mind that you will need evidence to report them.
  5. If you had troubles, contact support.
  6. Last, but not less important:
  • You are forbidden to create threads or posts:
  • That contain any aggressive behaviour.
  • That attack other users.
  • That doesn't concern you (e.g. in Ban Appealing...)

Back to the topic... I've got a question too: With the previous system, if you were perma-banned, you could ask for a "new last chance" by contacting the higher authorities. Is this going to be possible?

• Upvote 1

^^^ Man, keep calm. That video is what IGA could see, you reported the player, the IGA comes but he only sees your truck blocking another player, so he bans you. If he can't see the troll doing anything wrong, he can't punish him either. Solution is always to keep the cold, record video so you can report in the forums and never go to the chat! It's so easy to insult the other player in the heat of the moment... And that only gets you another ban.

I've found quite a lot of players like those, I record them, wait until they go or just hit F7 Enter or disconnect from the game. But NEVER try and take justice on your own hands. Most likely, besides being the victim you'll be the one who gets the ban.

Spanish, as I see you understand it too: Calma, hombre. Ese video muestra lo que el admin pudo ver, reportaste al otro jugador, el admin aparece pero solo ve tu camión bloqueando a otro jugador, así que te banea. Si no puede ver al troll haciendo nada malo, tampoco puede castigarle. La única solución es mantenerse siempre frío, grabar en vídeo para poder denunciar en el foro y nunca vayas al chat, en esos momentos es muy fácil que insultes al otro jugador... Y eso te traería otro ban.

Yo me he encontrado unos cuantos de esos, los grabo, espero a que se vayan o directamente hago un F7 Enter o me desconecto del juego. Pero NUNCA intentes tomar la justicia por tu mano. Lo más probable es que además de haber sido la víctima, te lleves tú el baneo.

Does this mean that you will be automatically removing bans from our profile which have been revoked? And taking a closer look into peoples bans too and ensuring that the same admin which issued a ban initially aren't going to be the ones solely dealing with ban requests? I have a ban on my profile issued by Bristol which he later removed yet it's still on my profile?

After the unpleasent experience that I recently had, getting an "insulting" ban, that was eventualy sorted out, I have read the rules mentioned above, very carefully, and I realised that they are very thin...meaning that the offenses are not well described, leaving the admins to decide, over the matter, and as they have their work cut out with all the problem makers in the game, its easy for them to missjudge the situation. I would sugest eighter to have the rules more detailed, eighter have a warn metod for the users, it seems a litle harsh to get a 3 day ban for a word, also used in real life situations, when somebody cuts you off or causes an accident...From there to "insult" in my opinion there is a realy big leap... so to conclude my sugestions would be:

-. in situations that are not of a high importance(not blocking a major road, causing other players to be blocked, creating major trafic jams) I sugest the admin write on the chat to the player in dificulty, if he still not stop bad mouthing or for example not remove the truck with F7+enter if blocking after a damage or accident, then he could proceed to a ban.

Also with the onest mistakes, i think it should be the same way...

@ sasulino81

The difference from real life situations, and the ingame chat is quite big...

I can understand that words might slip in the heat of the moment, bot irl and ingame.... But it's not an accident anymore whem you actually take your time to type it in the chat....

You can swear all you like, while playing, just don't type it down......

On topic : going to be interesting to see how this will work.

And, will the previously mentioned permaban reactivated acconts option still be there, or will that door be closed now too?

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^^ I know that, I was just stating 2 different ways to get rid of the trolls if they don't go away by themselves. If I'm in the mood to keep driving I'll use F7+Enter, if I'm more for a break, I'll use quicksave and Alt F4. Besides, quitting the game gives you the chance to reconnect in any of the other servers or even starting SP to drive some Km away from the trolls and then come back to the previous server and finish your job.

Oh this will be terrible.

If someone got some serious bad luck and gets banned everytime for a ridiculous reason, this system won't suffice.

Why not introduce a penalty point system? Griefing and Trolling will have the highest penalties, meanwhile insulting or other minor offences will have next none.

Also how should I interprete this, is 6 bans the absolute maximum or are all the bans you've recieved now obsolete?

Insulting is usually a day ban depending on the admin / how severe it is

4th ban is a month

5th ban is 3 months

tbh I don't think it will be possible to reach 6 bans if they are new to the game as ther 4+5 ban is 4 months.

Oh this will be terrible.

If someone got some serious bad luck and gets banned everytime for a ridiculous reason, this system won't suffice.

Why not introduce a penalty point system? Griefing and Trolling will have the highest penalties, meanwhile insulting or other minor offences will have next none.

Also how should I interprete this, is 6 bans the absolute maximum or are all the bans you've recieved now obsolete?

Honestly the only way this'll happen is, the person is doing it intentionally or they are hanging around Europoort and Rotterdam too much