Changes to the ban process

AbbieGator

Great news and update.

Perhaps, it does not belong here but I would suggest some way of publicizing the rules in a better way. It can be a EULA popup in the installer or it can be text in the background image telling users to visit the forums to read the rules. Could also be a clickable button in the login form that says "Server Rules" which then brings a popup with all the rules and ban policies.

Also another query, will strikes be removed if a ban is successfully appealed in a way there was proof the player was wrongfully banned?

e.g. Player spawns inside me, I fly into the air and land, blocking the road but the truck is still vibrating thus F7+Enter is impossible. Admin arrives and gives me a 3 day ban for "blocking" the road for 30 seconds.

• Upvote 1

Great news and update.

Perhaps, it does not belong here but I would suggest some way of publicizing the rules in a better way. It can be a EULA popup in the installer or it can be text in the background image telling users to visit the forums to read the rules. Could also be a clickable button in the login form that says "Server Rules" which then brings a popup with all the rules and ban policies.

Also another query, will strikes be removed if a ban is successfully appealed in a way there was proof the player was wrongfully banned?

e.g. Player spawns inside me, I fly into the air and land, blocking the road but the truck is still vibrating thus F7+Enter is impossible. Admin arrives and gives me a 3 day ban for "blocking" the road for 30 seconds.

That's probably a good idea, if people had a way of agreeing to them and being forced to read them in some way, even if they're just in a simple format of a few lines so it doesn't take hours. 

Least then people don't have the excuse that they "didn't know"!

I also like your second point, there is a lot of people sitting in the middle of the road for this reason and quite honestly I don't see it as valid if you're physically unable to F7 and are waiting for it to stop vibrating, especially when it was caused by something like someone spawning infront of you or being rammed off the road.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Not sure if this is good or bad, 1 year ago i got banned 30 mins for being parked in a gas station not blocking anything, i just went afk a bit. Got no answer to my PM that i sent to the admin that banned me, he just left the conversation without saying anything and in my ban appeal on the forum 1 week without answer and then they just deleted it.  You get banned without any reason, and without any proof and everybody is ignoring you. That's why it's full of trolls out there. Now this means my chances to get parm banned are higher because someone that was an admin for like 1-2 weeks bans me without any reason and nobody gives a cr*p about it.

76561198016678105.png

Additional Information:

For older accounts, that already have a history longer than this, we are starting from where you are currently, if you have 6 bans now and have already had the 1 month ban issued as per old systems, your next ban will be 3 months. Then permanent beyond that with no chance of removal. If you have 5 bans but no 1 month ban yet, your next ban will be 1 month and etc.

That's probably a good idea, if people had a way of agreeing to them and being forced to read them in some way, even if they're just in a simple format of a few lines so it doesn't take hours. 

Least then people don't have the excuse that they "didn't know"!

I also like your second point, there is a lot of people sitting in the middle of the road for this reason and quite honestly I don't see it as valid if you're physically unable to F7 and are waiting for it to stop vibrating, especially when it was caused by something like someone spawning infront of you or being rammed off the road.

Most of the rules are common sense. People claim ignorance for ramming, but the answer to that is, why would that be permitted? Intentional hitting another user, because you can? That would be against the rules in any reasonable driving simulator.

Not sure if this is good or bad, 1 year ago i got banned 30 mins for being parked in a gas station not blocking anything, i just went afk a bit. Got no answer to my PM that i sent to the admin that banned me, he just left the conversation without saying anything and in my ban appeal on the forum 1 week without answer and then they just deleted it.  You get banned without any reason, and without any proof and everybody is ignoring you. That's why it's full of trolls out there. Now this means my chances to get parm banned are higher because someone that was an admin for like 1-2 weeks bans me without any reason and nobody gives a crap about it.

Admin guidelines have changed in the last few months meaning that all admins are required to have evidence that can be requested by yourself in a ban appeal or I can request it if I need to.

um whats happens if uve all redy had ur 6th ban.....

If you have already had your 6th ban which should have been 1 month, then your next ban is 3 months, one after that would be the permanent ban however if you haven't had your 1 month ban, that's next.

• Upvote 2