Changes to the ban process

AbbieGator

I get the whole banning process, I have moderated a few games/forums in my time and quite frankly I don't think I've ever perm banned someone. I get that people get month bans for being trolls but 6 bans and you're out forever? Bit unfair, some people I have seen do genuinely get banned for some reasons that are a bit extreme but do get unbanned eventually and it's just counting to the point they'll be banned permanently!

Got to admit though, I do kinda like the trolls sometimes, sure they bash you around a bit but else it can get a bit repetitive, just watching them swerve everywhere on an empty motorway makes for a bit of harmless fun really, although according to the rules it'd be erratic driving

Just feel some genuine players may be subject to a bit of a ban for simple mistakes etc and hey ho, the trolls that are out to do harm on purpose for sure need sorting but apart from that I can't exactly pick a flaw!

Hopefully no-one gets banned, especially Mr-Creeper!

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,

Matthew

In a recent post, I stated that I'd stop recording and reporting as it takes a lot of time with my poor upload speed. I put my words back and will keep recording and reporting. The worst thing about it was to think that sometimes it took longer for me to file a report than the ban duration. So even without increasing the IGA number, if we keep reporting in the forums, the trolls will start dissapearing.

Maybe it's a bit harsh for people with a ban history right now, but all they have to do is to be extra-careful when playing. Like me and a lot of other players have been always. If I could survive for more than a year, 1400+ hours ingame and around 1 million Km without a ban, everyone can. Instead of worrying about what will happen with your next ban, worry about not giving any reasons to be banned.

EDIT: To add about the logical question: "What if someone reports you for no valid reasons and anyway you're banned unfairly?". Well, you have the chance to appeal. I drive very carefully, thus I'm not usually involved in any accidents, but if I happen to be, because of other players driving like crazy, I always pick a 3 min video with Shadowplay so I'll have evidence that I didn't do wrong, in case I need it.

EDIT 2: To add that this will also be good for all those waves of people joining the game when an offer comes in Steam, they buy the game, come into MP and don't bother reading the rules or even joining the forums. They just play a "Truck game" and for a lot of people that means overspeeding, crashing into others, etc. It may seem a little unfair to ban them while they aren't aware of the risks, but hey, when you go online in any games YOU must take the time to know and understand how they work. If you don't and get eventually banned... You're the only one to blame.

• Upvote 3

Yayy. Finally a suggestion of mine got implemented. Hopefully it stops the trolls a bit so it's fun for all.

Btw I have a question for an admin. If they see this can they quote so I can see it and ask them?