Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

SCS Blog - Real World Inspirations

Puncake

Real World Inspirations

The virtual world of American Truck Simulator is necessarily depending on artistic license when depicting reality. The scale is much different; when a hundred-mile stretch of real road must be passed in a matter of a few minutes in our game, there is simply not enough room to cram all the real-world bends, intersections, and landmarks into it.

But we try hard to have many recognizable places and details into ATS, to make the world exploration more fun, to make the impression believable.

Here is a few comparison pictures (with real location photos courtesy of Google Maps, thank you for all the help Google!) of some places in the game that represent our approach. We do not want to overhype this aspect though, what you see are carefully selected highlights. The game can of course only manage to take inspiration from a tiny subset of all the available landmarks, we are understandably not covering all of Los Angeles or Las Vegas street by street.

Santa_Cruz.jpg

LA_Gregorian_Hotel.jpg

Pier_39.jpg

Vegas.jpg

Please check out our American Truck Simulator facebook page if you want to see several more world comparison pictures.

I'm actually impressed with their attention to detail!

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

• 2 weeks later...

Archived