How to run ETS2 multiplayer on mac with Wine/WineBottler?

natzoo

Question

Hey guys, im sad to hear that after so many number of requests there is no multiplayer mod for mac. so i found out about wine, how can i use it for ets2mp mod for mac. Any videos? any tips? i searched on youtube but they are either too old or not what im looking for.

specs: late 2015 15" retina with dual graphics

• Upvote 1

13 answers to this question

OS X  support:
This is relatively often suggested, it's kind of planned but won't come any time soon, this is due to the frequency of patches from SCS that makes this infeasible to maintain multiple versions of the mod.

found here :https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/22671-frequently-suggested-things/

also what is wine?

You would have to download ETS2 on steam but the windows version, i dont know how, and then install the MP, or you could use a virtual machine and install windows on it

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

what does it mean when it says this " please seect your euro truck simaltor 2 directory"

You would have to download ETS2 on steam but the windows version, i dont know how, and then install the MP, or you could use a virtual machine and install windows on it

i got it working i think. i have ets 2 on steam

it gives me 3 options.

1.drive_c

2.Wine bottler COmbo

3. installer

^
i dont want to get windows for the reason i need the most memory on mac for school. Where should i put the directory? is it ok if i put it on dekstop

ok i somehow managed to put it in the ETS2 mod folder even though it says its not supported. lets see how this goes

Edited by scania970
Merged posts and removed quotes from post above.

You could use Wine to run ETS2MP, however I need to ask a question for OP. Do you have an actual Microsoft Windows PC (e.g. Windows 7, 8, 10 etc) that meets the minimum system requirements for ETS2? If you have, you can install Steam on that computer (since the licence key for ETS2 is attached to your account permanently), the single-player game (if required) and ETS2MP (no new account needed). 

• Upvote 1

^

I dont have a windows device, and i dont wanna get it on my mac and trust me i want to because of other games. its just that i need my mac for school and want the most memory. Can you help me with using Wine bottler? maybe on skype or something?

Edited by scania970
Removed quotes from post above.

I run MP on WineBottler on my iMac:

1. Install winebottler for your OS X version.

2. Open winebottler and look for Steam and install it.

3. Go into steam, log in and install ETS2 SP from your library.

4. Go to ets2mp.com and download the mod.

5. Click on the .exe file and click run in virtual drive

6. Go through setup as normal.

7. Go into steam, then games, then add a non-steam game to my library and click on "Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer", just so you can find it quicker

8. Enjoy playing MP! :)

NOTE: WineBottler does not support 64 bit (I've found), so when MP switches to 64 bit it won't work anymore. :(

Like mentioned, it's probably easier to run either a virtual machine or more natively dual-boot your machine (inbuilt feature on Mac's) to support Windows - this will probably remove any Wine issues others seem to be having.

Kind regards,

Matthew