Graphics related

UmbraDraconis

Good afternoon.

First of all let me tell that the people I've found in-game are one of the most friendly I've seen on a game. Well, I don't type or talk but the horn replies are always a sign of the cool people in here. There are also retards but well, let's not follow that path.

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask about this, and if not, I apologize, but I've seen some streams of the game and I noticed that some players have a snow effect on the windows and have to use the whippers. All I see is white dots falling but no effect on my windows. I have the in-game graphic settings on maximum so I know that's not the issue. Is there a mod I should install to get that effect?

Thank you for your help and sorry for nay bad english.

See you on the road. 

(Also hyped for American Truck Simulator, hope there is multiplayer in there)

When you're ingame, hit tab and press right mouse to free it up, and click on the little orange/yellow settings icon in the bottom left. 

Next, in the "General" tab (I think, will double check), you should check Season Effects, you should also goto the "Mods" tab and check that the winter/frost mod is checked aswell. 

You can also change your rain probability slider in the actual game settings in the pause menu, to make it snow constantly or not at all, or something inbetween :P

Then all you need to do is wait for it to rain and it should appear as snow flakes on your windshield. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. 

I will check it out later. Also, today two players rammed me on purpose heads on and both of the times my truck was on 54% damage and had to spend twice 50k just to repair it... Like I said, there are always those retards...

Everytime you stop, maybe for fuel, or in a rest stop (BUT NOT ON THE ROAD!!!!) save it, honestly. 

I cannot stress this enough, save it at every opportunity. I know it's inconvenient but it's much easier if you have an accident to load a recent savegame, sure you might lose 10-15 minutes of your journey, but atleast you keep you money. It really helped me when I started out, because I didn't want to edit my profile for lots of money, but I kept losing it to rammers/trolls/accidents etc etc  :)

Hope this helps, Happy trucking

• 2 weeks later...

^ One of the best features in my opinion is the quick save option. That way you don't have to wait to stop before you make a save. Simply go to your settings and set up a quick save keybind and whilst driving, especially on Motorways, just indicate to the hard shoulder and press the quick save button and keep driving. I do it as often as I remember and that way if you are rammed you can always load back your quick saved file.

Note: you don't have to come to a stop to use this feature all you need do is slow down to a speed you can control and steer to the hard shoulder and save but always make sure to use your rear view mirrors to ensure it's safe to pull out.

Happy Trucking

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived