Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

To the guys who do not have winter mod ON!

Hey_Wtf

In my opinion, the winter-mod must be for all or for no one... not only to the group that whants to use.

That was said last year too, but it seems to be too easy to enforce such a mod that all people have to use it.

Or the Admin Team likes it to deal with such stuff and to find out who was right/wrong in such situations.

1  question  about  winter mod  i dont  have  it  and if  i didn't  have  my light's  on  does  that mean  im ban   but  ill have  my recording  just  in case  if this happens  to me .i  do put  my light's  on  at night  but  not sure  with the  winter mod  if its dark  or  not   so if  some  one  could  help me out  because  i dont  have the  winter mod  installed  so sory  guys

Just put *always* your lights on.

I don't see a problem really.

I still don't get people who drive with park lights only. Or highbeams (with being dark roads a exception)

to be fair I agree that people who don't use the winter mod should run with at least sidelights on from 4PM, although (i do run winter mod at the moment) some people have been driving at like midnight, 1AM with no lights on and blaming ohers for crashes, but I too saw a nasty wreck earlier today on EU3, it was about 6PM ingame, and it was close to pitch black, 2 guys were coming head on to me, suddenly one pulled out to pass the other, didn't see that I was coming (I could barely see him because he had no lights on) I swerved off road to avoid him, the guy behind me didn't have time to avoid a collision and went head on into the guy (fortunately I didn't roll over and managed to stop with my hazards on warning oncoming that there was a wreck. but it seriously needs a rule that everyone should run with at least sidelight past a certain time while winter mod is still available to use.

Personally I like to use parking lights as daylight running lights. The truck itself should be clearly visible, just not the spill in front. Is that okay with you guys? It's that very spill that's annoying because even in bright daylight it competes with the sun, to the point that concrete hit by your lights gets bloom effects. Not very HDR at all. That's why I'm hesitant to run the low beam all the time.

It would be nice if SCS made lighting more realistic. Actual glare when looking directly at a lamp, proportional to the apparent spill hitting the camera (beware of high beams!). Distance attenuation. Some hotkeys to toggle auxiliary lights. Better HDR so that retroreflective signs aren't either too dark or too bright. Actual retroreflection if it's reasonable to fit in a deferred renderer? Yeah.

^ I too run with daytime running lights on, not only does it make it easier to be seen, but also with the way my brightness is, it lights up my dash so I can read my speed and fuel clearly. Also hotkeys for Auxiliaries would be really nice as, especially in MP, you have to stop and hit F4 in order to toggle which Aux. you want on at the time, if I could assign a button to it, so I could toggle front and roof lights on and off at my discretion would be perfect, and as for the lighting, its pretty realistic (if you set up your graphics settings just so) although bloom for high beams could really do with a reduction as to me its too bright at night.

• german law says day runing lights are optional.. but the industry builds cars and trucks with them on by default but the option to disable them.

• i see only one solution.. no weather mods ever! wait till scs adds seasons as standard - you may ask them over and over again so thay dont forget you want this. :)

sysp-73354.png

• i see only one solution.. no weather mods ever! wait till scs adds seasons as standard - you may ask them over and over again so thay dont forget you want this. :)

I'm pretty sure SCS went with summer because it's more vibrant and offers more daylight driving. Most players wouldn't like driving in the dark so much. Perhaps being able to maintain a circadian rhythm would help there. Not in multiplayer because you can't advance the global clock.

In any case, the only real solution for ETS2MP is to make sure everyone has the same daylight cycle. You can think of something worse like a different, overlapping road network, but this kind of fragmentation is pretty bad.

Speaking of the daylight cycle, it's odd that there are no real time zones. Just some latitude correction as of late. It has nothing to do with this problem but it's just odd. You don't have to go to such great lengths to appease the Flat Earth Society.

and as for the lighting, its pretty realistic (if you set up your graphics settings just so) although bloom for high beams could really do with a reduction as to me its too bright at night.

It seems that "realistic" has become synonymous with "looks pretty neat". It's always hard for people to spot the flaws of current-gen graphics, yet in a few years we'll all look back and laugh when we've become accustomed to specific improvements.

Even current tech should be capable of more, to get at least a realistic balance. The main problem is that the dynamic range would often be so extreme as to make it hard to reproduce a recognizable image on a monitor.

• german law says day runing lights are optional.. but the industry builds cars and trucks with them on by default but the option to disable them.

Im pretty sure that with the current development of ETS2s engine, seasonal changes will be more of a headache to program in than just letting mods edit it, the simple fact is, is that if you cant press one button to put some kind of VDM (visual Distinguishing Marker) on such as day running lights especially with MP at the moment where it makes it fair for everyone so we can all see each other no matter the time of day, then why try and be fair? I mean you take the amount of work itll take more than enough work to bring the graphics up, if you want seasons, well it might be a whole new graphics engine needed, not to mention the size of install to hold all the different textures for every time of weather, season and everything else, its just not fair on SCS, who have bought us such a wonderful game to play that is so well optimised and looks great as it is, besides personally seasons wont be good because till passes in SP too fast for seasons to really work properly (unless you want seasons that last 3X as long as real time). so no, as far as im concerned, till we lose winter mod, people just need to be more caring for others and put their lights on so we can see you at night.

As far as i know they are always on (on trucks which have them) and only get turned off if you switch on the normal lights of the truck.

im not talking about the stupid LED lights that you can barely see at night, im talking about actual sidelights, you know when you hit your lights button once and you get those dim lights in front of you and all your displays and little orange and white lights come on? those are sidelights, that's what I personally call running lights because they are clear to see and give you the bonus of a brighter dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived