Keep Distance!

RayRay5

It's always good to have at least 100m distance. It happens way to often that the back of my truck get's severely damaged by people that do not keep their distance when -for instance- i had to stop for a accident on the way. It's annoying, especially when you're close to delivering your 0% damage delivery after 2000km's of trucking. 

Professional VTC DAR Transport (NL) Now recruiting drivers! Click here!

darhandt.png

c8df78ae30.png  STEAM PROFILE  •  icon.png  DAR VTC  •  icon.png DAR WEBSITE  •  twitch.png TWITCH  •  youtube-small.png YOUTUBE

I keep distance of around 1 truck+trailer depending on the lag of the player in front. However I would also like people to do the same behind me as tmany do not use their breaks in time

its  because  the  user  behind want's  you to fly in the air  i know  that  because  there  use to  be a  bug  about  that  no one ever  knew  and  users  are  still doing it 

76561198098873827.png

The minority spoil it for the majority, besides, if you hit someone when they lag out, then youre to blame as obviously you were too close to them, besides, the worst ive seen are those who pass and decide to cut in front of you, most of the time people tend to be far enough ahead that you can see their trailer plate and lights, but as lot of people have been passing me lately and indicating and moving over while their trailer is still almost along side my passenger door, do people know how long their vehicle is? or even know how to account for lag when changing lanes? I mean I tend to wait till im AT LEAST 60M ahead of someone and can see them in my mirror s if they suddenly lag up closer I can avoid contact.

For me If the truck is lagging i keep 90+ unless going 50 or less than i go based on how bad the lag is...

If the speed is over 50 or there is no lag i will venture up to 50 meters but never on the gas and always tapping the engine brake every few seconds...

Tho yesterday someone did give me a "Love Tap" because of speed+lag No damage was given to either of us afaik as it was more like a push :P

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Yes , However this minority ruin the game play and on the other hand some do have lag and it is not always there fault

one  thing  i would  find it  strange  if  let's say a  user  had extreme  lag  and was  blocked  on the road  he  will more  get a  ban  because  i dont think admin's check what is wrong  with  the  user  but  like  the web  developer said  they can only  see with the  view <

76561198098873827.png

So if you're going 85Km/h, there's an approximative calculation you can do to find the correct distance.

(speed/10)*3

So in my example it'd be (85/10)*3 = 25.5 meters

If it was 110, it would be (110/10)*3 = 33 meters

For cars yes, but trucks are much heavier and have more Energy that needs to be removed by the brakes.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

There are different rules for following distance whose applicability depends on the circumstances.

The two-second rule can be described as f=bs, where f is following distance, b is reaction time (2 seconds) and s is speed. This works well when you can brake at least as hard as whoever is in front of you. Even if they stamp on the brakes, as long as you imitate that action within two seconds you won't hit them.

You can also account for a sudden complete stop, like if the person in front of you hits something you couldn't see or simply lags out. That can be described as f=(1/2)as^2, where a is your rate of deceleration. If you start braking the moment they stop, your bumpers will touch. You can add a constant distance like f=(1/2)as^2+c to avoid that.

Putting it all together, you get f=(1/2)as^2+bs+c. If you enter all terms correctly you shouldn't ever run into the back of someone just driving in front of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived