Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The future for ETS2 with ATS at the highspot.

Ferren84

SCS have commented that they will provide patches for ETS2 along side ATS since they are mostly comprised of the same core engine and features.

It looks like ETS2 will be supported for a while after ATS is released, with the map in ETS2 being expanded (not playable though) in the 1.22 update. SCS has not said anything on more DLC for ETS2, but it does look likely.

Also, ATS is looking pretty small in terms of playability on release, but like ETS2, it will expand drastically, through free updates and paid DLC

An8mXaY.png

ATS has very expectations for it and with the amount of time spent developing it, it should very much reach the expectations. It's a bit like ETS the main of Europe and going is poorly made, and then you look at the details and everything that went into the long awaited Scandinavia DLC. Now if that is anything to go by then ATS should very much reach expectations and maybe exceed them aswell. 

^^ Honestly, I think ATS will have a novelty effect. Although the community will continue to increase in size because of it, ATS is essentiall ETS with different things.

Both games are built on the same core engines

Both games are supported with simultaneous updates to its engines

Both games will recieve the same amount of attention from their respective development teams

The only reason ATS will have a better visual display from the start is because ETS was released a while ago and the capabilities werent known as well as they are now.

So in the end, as i said before, both games are exactly the same, only one is newer. The map and truck selections would have come naturally anyway with it being a different part of the world. The novelty will eventually wear off and people will be treating ATS the same way they do ETS.

In terms of MP, both games will have an MP mod that do exactly the same thing for both games. ETS2MP may die down for a little while, but when novelty catches up and dies off, the MP's will level themselves back out.

In this situation, we must also look at those who wont be buying ATS right away as its not likely 750,000 MP users will buy it on the third. Then we move to those who don't necessarily want to drive in Europe / America. Some may prefer Europe over America, meaning they stick with what they know.

In conclusion then, ETS may see a dip in its growth compared to ATS, but in relation to time, will level out and both games should grow together as intended by SCS

| SCS Beta Tester | Haulage 64 Founder |

Game Rules | Report a Player | Submit a Ticket | Ask for Help

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

• 2 weeks later...

ATS will be a good game from what I've seen, however I do not think it will greatly affect the ever growing community that is ETS2 and ETS2mp, this is because a lot of people will enjoy sitting in Europe, whereas you will get people who jump between the two to be able to explore the USA and Europe for the changing experience. Personally Here at Continental Freight Company we have great plans for the release of ATS... More to come on that subject soon... 

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, I see ATS hitting the market with a big bang which will affect ETS2MP for a while and due to the huge limitations in ATS such as variety of trucks and a rather small terrain, ETS2 and ETS2MP will rise again when new map DLC'S and Truck DLC'S are released.

The monotony of ATS will eventually lead to its slow down in growth and if SCS continue in their 'snail-speed' attitude of releasing map DLC'S ATS after a few months will be more or less dead.

I actually don't think that ATS is monotonous. It has a lot of new features, but more important to me is that there are better road prefab that aren't as annoying as the vanilla map in ETS2, and it should give a whole new experience, especially because it's a whole new map.

I don't think that ETS2MP servers will suddenly go down, put maybe there will be a decrease when ATSMP comes out, even if I'm not too worried about it, because some people don't like american trucks.

I can imagine seeing ETS2MP having a noticeable difference while the hype and new roads are still fresh when ATS/MP is released, BUT what i'm most excited for is that the community won't slow down.. it'll only become larger which is very exciting! To meet and see lots of new people about will be cool.. but over time I imagine thing will level out and hopefully see a healthy population between the two! 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

yea of  course  ets2mp and atsmp they are  working  on it  but do  not  be  surprised  about new bugs  in  game  so  imagine  when  atsmp had  bugs on the  first  day  they will close it down , i wish  only  one day  for them  to stop making it  mod  and  make  it a  proper  game for  one time.

76561198098873827.png

Well I was looking at it here=>(http://i.imgur.com/BvEOvSB.png) and realized I have two DLC's that I had never seen before ... but this PC GAMER not quite understand what is

Kind Regards,
Ykaro
339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d

Languages: English 🇬🇧 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report SystemBan Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

^ well, if we can use ets2mp as a guideline towards how people would behave in atsmp.... i really don't think alot of drivers would care about those dubble lines :P

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Archived