Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Would anyone be interested in a VTC program for the company?

Kielly

Thinking about coding up a VTC system so instead of having it on a hosted website or having it on your website it will be a stand alone program where each of your admins/workers can download the program and it will run off a database that you host somewhere (your computer using xampp or a webhost)

Thinking about making it for a while now but I don't got the get up and do it part in me without knowing that other people will use it to besides me.

Between working and other daily activities it would possibly take me up to a month to make. I could release pre-alpha's and beta's and what not along the way.

For now it would be general features:

1. start
  2. destination
  3. cargo
  4. Income
  5. fuel costs
  6. damage costs
  7. other costs
  8. drivers name
  9. date

Ill throw in the ability to approve and deny jobs also will work on a registration system for your company members to login to (will run off database as well)

Ill work on this program for as long as it takes to make it amazing, add in some cool features as the time goes by such as member stats.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

^Had no clue. Never really did any research into it to see if anyone already did it lol.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

it would be good if you could work this with an interactive website for the VTC members.

This means  the VTC Management would use the application for VTC Management

and then have the Website for logging jobs

KjayCopper

Gittos Group Limited Founder

Sent from Gittos Group Limited Head office

KGMKMSIG.png

This is a great idea, but quite a few people have beaten you to it unfortunately:

Soarfly Haulage already made this exact piece of software with all of the listed features and more. It was an entire program to run a VTC from. no websites needed!

ETS2Data are also very close to the release of their automated software too :)

Trucknet are just releasing an automatic triplogger also, although im not sure if thats just for stobart or not.......

Triplogger is a well established auto job logging software

I am sure there are a few other examples too. Also, running an entire VTC from the software has proven to be an extremely difficult task with alot of time and effort needed to develop just the basics. You also would have to consider each VTC's requirements in terms of features, registrations etc.

Im not trying to put you off or anything, just stating some facts about the current market, and from personal experience.

If you do decide to go along with it. Good Luck! :)

| SCS Beta Tester | Haulage 64 Founder |

Game Rules | Report a Player | Submit a Ticket | Ask for Help

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

it would be good if you could work this with an interactive website for the VTC members.

This means  the VTC Management would use the application for VTC Management

and then have the Website for logging jobs

KjayCopper

Gittos Group Limited Founder

Sent from Gittos Group Limited Head office

That is 100% possible. I could do this all the way. Thanks for the idea.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

This is a great idea, but quite a few people have beaten you to it unfortunately:

Soarfly Haulage already made this exact piece of software with all of the listed features and more. It was an entire program to run a VTC from. no websites needed!

ETS2Data are also very close to the release of their automated software too :)

Trucknet are just releasing an automatic triplogger also, although im not sure if thats just for stobart or not.......

Triplogger is a well established auto job logging software

I am sure there are a few other examples too. Also, running an entire VTC from the software has proven to be an extremely difficult task with alot of time and effort needed to develop just the basics. You also would have to consider each VTC's requirements in terms of features, registrations etc.

Im not trying to put you off or anything, just stating some facts about the current market, and from personal experience.

If you do decide to go along with it. Good Luck! :)

I agree, especially about the effort and time needed. But that being said I already had a similar program that runs of a database that I totally forgot about so I think I'm going to go ahead with it! Take parts of the old program not related t VTC's and implant the code into the new one. If no one else uses it then what odds. It will be great for my VTC haha. As how JjayCopper mentioned, I will also implant this to.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

I agree, especially about the effort and time needed. But that being said I already had a similar program that runs of a database that I totally forgot about so I think I'm going to go ahead with it! Take parts of the old program not related t VTC's and implant the code into the new one. If no one else uses it then what odds. It will be great for my VTC haha. As how JjayCopper mentioned, I will also implant this to.

Good Luck with it. What database type are you planning to use?

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

Good Luck with it. What database type are you planning to use?

Just a general mySQL database with tables and structures.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

^^ If its software based, consider looking into MongoDB also, could be a good alternative, writes itself practically!  Just to keep your options open :) 

Also, please observe the forum rules reference quoting. Don't quote the above post, use " ^^ "

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

^^ If its software based, consider looking into MongoDB also, could be a good alternative, writes itself practically!  Just to keep your options open :)

Also, please observe the forum rules reference quoting. Don't quote the above post, use " ^^ "

Thanks for the idea. Checked it out briefly that time. Going to take another look at it when its time to code.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

It sounds like you mean people should have exposed databases for this to work? In which case I can't stress enough how bad of an idea that is (eg. MySQL Bug #37428: User-Defind Function Remote Code Execution, Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-058, or postgre rce CVEs)

If you are going to do the software and website - its pretty much a constant development.  In saying that, TripLogger is already making an offline version and will have reporting and exporting functions as well for uploading to vtc's but always to have other options out there and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Spoiler - Previous TL and new TL are becoming Open Source :P

If you are going to do the software and website - its pretty much a constant development.  In saying that, TripLogger is already making an offline version and will have reporting and exporting functions as well for uploading to vtc's but always to have other options out there and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Spoiler - Previous TL and new TL are becoming Open Source :P

Open source you say?  ;)  lol It would be really nice though to check out the way they coded theirs though. Could help me improve mine when it's time to code.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived