Ets2map Megathread

Kat_pw

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is correct, I have re-captured the map and am looking to spend time to put it back together to include the other cities (there are over 10,000 screenshots to make this up!)

Wow not a small project 

well that makes this all the more impressive and there will be another update needed in a few months as well when SCS release the new DLC

Whether the project is still being developed?

From the information that I have a map was to be combined with Multiplayer not to install any additional software. The truth? Still valid?

What do the red points on the map?

image,9NoIHJCkg1,300.jpg

When the errors will be corrected in the names of cities?

image,T6RWUkwy1O,300.jpg

When the corrected the eastern part of the map Polish?

image,baFHNp1sP8,300.jpg

This part of the map is poorly mapped

image,eQrJZxT5cy,300.jpg

I have not followed this topic a long time, so I apologize if it duplicates a question.

Red dots: Speed cameras

Names being wrong: known

Poor map: If I recall correctly Kat has used the in-game map to generate the map, but doesn't use the GPS map but the m-map(the one that is full screen) very little that can be done about that without adding a lot of extra work to create a new map from the datafiles.

Hey Kat_pw, thank you very much for what you doing!

One thing I noticed is, that ets2map.dll is installed as est2map.dll in the plugins folder.

I can confirm that.

Also may be other color for cities' names on ets2map.com? Like, pale yellow? Because being gray it fuses with roads.

76561198013530245.png

Hello, I'm getting the error of missing ets2map.dll too, but I can't fix it. I saw it's in the installation folder and I also pasted it to the system32 folder. Nothing happens.

I have Windows 8.1 Pro and I have tried compatibility mode too. I always run as administrator.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks.

• DevOps

Hello, I'm getting the error of missing ets2map.dll too, but I can't fix it. I saw it's in the installation folder and I also pasted it to the system32 folder. Nothing happens.

I have Windows 8.1 Pro and I have tried compatibility mode too. I always run as administrator.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks.

Place the dll file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins

Hey Kat_pw, thank you very much for what you doing!

I can confirm that.

Also may be other color for cities' names on ets2map.com? Like, pale yellow? Because being gray it fuses with roads.

I'll play with the color a bit and see if it helps :)

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

ETS2map.dll stats not found

I keep two copies of dll in ets2/bin/win_x86/plugins directory: as ets2map.dll and as est2map.dll. Still getting this message. But radar is working when I run it as admin (it requesting my id and sending data). But to see myself on the map I need to reload site a few times, quickly find myself, click on it, select scale, and alt-tab to game (I have browser opened on second monitor). If I dont do this fast enough I am disappearing from the map.

I hope dev is aware of this bugs and we'll have a fix soon. Thank you.

76561198013530245.png

• DevOps

I keep two copies of dll in ets2/bin/win_x86/plugins directory: as ets2map.dll and as est2map.dll. Still getting this message. But radar is working when I run it as admin (it requesting my id and sending data). But to see myself on the map I need to reload site a few times, quickly find myself, click on it, select scale, and alt-tab to game (I have browser opened on second monitor). If I dont do this fast enough I am disappearing from the map.

I hope dev is aware of this bugs and we'll have a fix soon. Thank you.

The game has issues when you alt tab and it will stop sending out packets if I recall. Until I gain access to the game server this will be a bug. One way to get around this is to go into an area where the cameras are located, click on your player and then you will be safe to alt-tab and leave the area of the cams (or another user running radar).

Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

Have install every thing (using 1.16 auto installer) but can't see any trucks on map , have enter my truck number and says its working but just can't see anything on http://ets2map.com/and have try IE,  Firefox, Chrome and Maxthon. :(..

EDIT: seems to just work now and then for me was trying to start out in London or Dover but would not show my truck or any trucks there.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

Good Work on this! A really nice feature.

But I do have some problems. I can only see myself and the occasional random trucks that someone else is sending out on the http://ets2map.com/, no other trucks that is near me.

And I rarely get the live stat feature to work aswell, the one you can see speed,rpm,fuel etc.

My biggest problem is that I can't see any other trucks near me and my dot disappears from time to time even though the map is still following me, but I know that is a known problem, I don't really know why I'm not able to see any trucks near me though. I have done everything I can think off at this point.

Another issue for me is that when I look at the http://ets2map.com/after about 5-6 seconds all trucks disappear and I can only see myself and the trucks at Europoort and Rotterdam.(doesn't matter if I use Chrome or IE, trucks still disappear after some seconds)

Keep up the good work!

Edit: correcting typos.

hey cat,after trying your first version and we both didnt know how too fix the missing packets i believe it was i tried it today again.

with current version more succes! this time it is showing me about 60-75 % of the people around me on the map. but not the full 100% for some reason(tested in relative low traffic areas 2-8 people)

is this a known problem or not now?

edit: i also saw a dot on the map but no truck near it? (i flew around withy devcam to make sure he wasnt sneaky hiding somewhere around bratislava :P )

Hi,

I reinstalled ets2mp today and found this thread, downloaded the radar.

had no issues setting it up, fed radar my id# and managed to find myself no problem, then ets2mp froze on me so I had to end the process.

now radar won't work, whenever I load it it asks me if I want to try installing the dll, i type y and some text appears really quickly but I can't read it and then radar closes.

edit:- not sure why but it started working again now :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • DevOps

Doing some more work this weekend. Hopefully the new poi's will be done (New system is automated for POI's and there will be VERY little issues with positions...much more accurate)  :)

As well as additions : Police / Speed Camera areas and Road Icons

skgFkea.png

Archived