Ets2map Megathread

Kat_pw

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run everything as shown it takes a like 5-10 minutes for my truck to appear on the map then i click it to follow it. and  within 1 minute of following my truck it disappears, but i can still see everyone elses truck in my area. Is that normal? I really like this tool and it has great potential! 

Elite Shadow Transport Company
Co - Owner

Join us here: http://myvtc.net/r/21709

I also noticed when i tried it today that my truck was not appearing on the radar like it normally would, but others around me were. Having said that i gave up setting it up after my 4th game crash (unrelated to radar) and only had it on for 2 minutes at a time. 

On another note i still always get the message that says the .dll is not enabled (the dll has been placed in the plugin directory and i am in my truck before starting ets2map radar 1.15) Although normally the tracking works anyway.

• DevOps

I'm still doing some testing and betafixing since 0.1.3 was released; there were some changes with communication and I am still trying to determine what is going on. 

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

For me isn t working :(. I copyied the dll to plugin folder, runed the game, find my multiplayer number, open the app, enter my multplayer number, every thing is OK, it showed to me : i;m now starting to......, but, it says: telemetry ets2map.dll not enabled. What should I do? Thanks

Same here. Could it be due to an uncommon Steam location? Mine is C:\Games\Steam but I also made a symbolic link to it in C:\Program Files (x86) and it still gives me that error. But when I enter my player number anyway, I do appear on the map, but no other nearby trucks are displayed.

Running on Win 7 x64 Professional.

Kat_pw, after I restarted MP for billions times because of crashes and disappeared spot of myself in ets2map, I may have found the issue that you may look into:

When I have unfinished jobs when I logged into MP, ets2map shows others' spots but not myself. When I cancel the job and teleport to another city , it shows mine and others'. Then I get a new job in that new city, after a while, mine is gone but others'.

Would the issue be related to the job?

• DevOps

@psc0304 I think I may have that fixed now, is it still doing it?

--

Hi everyone, there has been a lot of work going on in the background; the last update really messed with things so I have had to do a lot of changes and some stuff will be broken.

I'm gearing up for a huge update on my end so stay tuned :)  I'll give you a hint.. the ets2map.dll is involved.. and gauges ;)

Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

Kat, bit of feedback. When the 1.3 patch came out I noticed that other players would show up in my radar range, but I would not be on the map. After R2 came out, still had this problem, yet last night, spawned in and loaded up radar.. again I was missing and I think another truck in range was missing.. ignored it for a while as I drove around, fortunately I was still in range of where I had the map zoomed into and noticed that I had appeard on the map now.. was working fine, just seemed to be some sort of lag before I'd show up.

Plus I noticed the new feature where the Radar'er has the radar icon on the map as opposed to the Radar'ees who did not.. very good feature!

Can't wait to see what's coming up soon!

@Kat_pw, I think it remains the same to me...... I recently added you in Steam but you haven't confirmed yet. You may contact me for more help there. ;)

One more thing, maybe you can ask the MP developer to put the radar in the next patch? I mean just voluntary options, putting Python and those .py files in the MP installer. And of course running the radar automatically. Then you can make a massive beta test. The more users are using it, the more bugs and improvements you may get, for coverage as well.

Update 1 at 8:09 am (GMT +1) : I was being showed up again right after I got my job done. When I had trailers attached, mine never ever showed up.

• DevOps

@Kat_pw, I think it remains the same to me...... I recently added you in Steam but you haven't confirmed yet. You may contact me for more help there. ;)

One more thing, maybe you can ask the MP developer to put the radar in the next patch? I mean just voluntary options, putting Python and those .py files in the MP installer. And of course running the radar automatically. Then you can make a massive beta test. The more users are using it, the more bugs and improvements you may get, for coverage as well.

Update 1 at 8:09 am (GMT +1) : I was being showed up again right after I got my job done. When I had trailers attached, mine never ever showed up.

Official support with servers is being worked on. We will in the future not need the radar client to get other trucks; the radar will just be reporting your extra stats.

Thanks for the info on letting me know when the trucks show up. If you have some extra time; would you be able to let me know what style of truck you have with a trailer when they do not show up? (Normal, dual wheel, midlift etc)  

Thanks!

Doesn't work, i did everyting and it don't gives errors, but after i put the ID nothing happends. It only says its searching for the trucks for 10 minutes or so.

عيشي بلادي عاش اتحاد امار اتنا عشت لشعب: دينه الاسلام هديه القران حصنتك باسم الله ياوطن بلادي بلادي بلادي بلادي

• DevOps

Doesn't work, i did everyting and it don't gives errors, but after i put the ID nothing happends. It only says its searching for the trucks for 10 minutes or so.

That is what it is supposed to do; as long as you enter id and game is running you should see the trucks (and yourself) on http://ets2map.com 

• DevOps

Super awesome update!

Both features are visible and live on ets2map.com

Addition of radar and stats icon on trucks that are sending data using radar client

stats1.png

LIVE STATS!! (Of players running radar with ets2map.dll enabled) Just click on a truck with the broadcast antenna and at the bottom of the screen will display real-time stats of their truck.

stats2.png

When I launch Run Radar.ink with administrator option, "radar" opens and closes after second.

Than I tried launch Luncher.py from cmd.exe, that's all I see there:

C:\>C:\Users\Paniker\Desktop\radar_1_15\Launcher.py------------------------------------------------------------------             Welcome to ets2map.com Radar v1.15 Leave this running in the background while playing to send data New in this version : Support of telemetry to report advanced     truck statistics (soon to appear on ets2map.com)If you encounter any issues, open task manager and end python.exeQuestions / Comments? Head on over to chat at twitch.tv/kat_pw ------------------------------------------------------------------Processing Thread StartedPacket Thread StartedTraceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\Paniker\Desktop\radar_1_15\Launcher.py", line 40, in <module>    c = mServer.mServer()  File "C:\Users\Paniker\Desktop\radar_1_15\mServer.py", line 12, in __init__    self.p = pServer.pServer()  File "C:\Users\Paniker\Desktop\radar_1_15\pServer.py", line 15, in __init__    self.s.ioctl(socket.SIO_RCVALL, socket.RCVALL_ON)  File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 224, in meth    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)socket.error: [Errno 10045]

Problem solved.

76561198015987122.png 11812887.jpg

Archived