Ets2map Megathread

Kat_pw

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly Kat, great addon for the mod. I only just started playing the mod a couple of days ago, and think it'd be hell on earth without the foresight you get from the radar. I stress when someone is in my area, and at least now I can avoid stress when there is no one near.

Quick question, what exaclty is the .dll supposed to do? I was first using 1.13 and it worked fine without the .dll, then when I realised the radar had been updated (would help if you had a current version number on the ets2map.com/radar/ site as I spent forever trying to test why the shortcut kept sending me back to the website instead of working properly before I realised, somewhere, that it had been updated), havn't really noticed anything different that the .dll does.

Secondly, what does the 'search' field do on the menu bar on the actual map? I've tried to use it to focus on my truck with the PlayerID, thinking that is what it's used for but nothing happened.

No error in the console and console with the program is runnign, yes.

Firstly, when you view the map at http://ets2map.com/, can you move the map around, mouse scroll to zoom in/out? Do you see little blue dots moving around?

If not, you probably have to try a different browser, I've found I have had issues with IE, but firefox and Chrome appear to work ok.

Then, if you do have the Radar application running right and the game up (I believe you also need to actually be in your truck, not in the menu without being 'spawned'), go around the map to find the town you are in and zoom in to find your truck number and dot. You can click on your dot which will change it to green and then you radar will follow your progress around the map.

Hello,

Not working for me :

--> ***Telemetry etsmap.dll not enabled. Please read....."

Curious because i Launch CMD as administrator and the .dll are in the good place (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins\)

Some help ?

Regards.

Did you download 1.15? If so, my best guess is that you don't have this installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Cool, I can look at the map even if I don't share this information. It's just a bit more work to get to the area of interest.

Question1: As it collects information from user's computer, that means it has no effect on the server itself, correct?

Question2: The more the merrier? Meaning the more users use the radar the more accurate the information is OR is it that if one truck is sending you gps locations then, for example, I can see all the trucks in that area? 

Question3: If it's working and it seems like everyone should use it, do you plan to promote it in game the way they promote ETS2 radio & MyVTC.net?

1: the DLL is a variant of the DLL used to provide Telemetry from ETS2 to Kat

2: the more the merrier, but at a point a lot of the map will be covered, kinda like herd immunity, but it doesn't hurt that more are using it.

2: the more the merrier, but at a point a lot of the map will be covered, kinda like herd immunity, but it doesn't hurt that more are using it.

Glad you don't mind I running it in the background... 32GB of Ram, I won't notice it running with my Virtual Machines (they use 4gb of ram... Each... and there's two)

For those who have multiple hard drives in their system, you may need to modify the short-cut slightly so that it has the right Python location.

By default, it points to C:\Python27\python.exe, if you have installed Python to somewhere else other than your C: Drive, you'll need to right-click on the .LNK file and relocate Python.

post-8633-0-31789100-1420444121_thumb.pn

Firstly, when you view the map at http://ets2map.com/, can you move the map around, mouse scroll to zoom in/out? Do you see little blue dots moving around?

I can move the map around and zoom in and out, I see blue dots, but only in Rotterdam/Europoort.

My Browser is the newest Firefox (don't know the exact version)

W internecie nie ma ludzi starszych i młodszych,
W internecie są ludzie głupsi i mądrzejsi

Retired Team Member since 01.02.2020

WarMaz

I can move the map around and zoom in and out, I see blue dots, but only in Rotterdam/Europoort.

Quite simply, it could just be that it's only Kat that has Radar running then, which shows the Europort area. I noticed the same thing when I played last night, I was the only person using Radar, so the only person that was sending data to the map.

Follow these steps.

1 - Launch ETS2 MP

2 - Log in

3 - Pick a job and spawn into your truck

4 - Hit tab and note your PlayerID

5 - Launch ETS2 MP Radar

6 - Enter your PlayerID into Radar

7 - Go to the map, locate your city and zoom in, see if you see any blue dots.

8 - Locate the dot with your number on it, click to change it to green, zoom out a bit and win!

I had a slight issue last night where it would not show any vehicles in my area, just me. After finishing the job and having to restart ETS2 MP, using a different PlayerID, etc.. it started working properly.

Hello Seven Tails,

Yes i tried both : Start radar then MP --> Not Working

Start MP then radar --> Not Working !!!

Strange...

Regards.

As above, I've checked and you need to be in the truck before you start the Radar program for the .dll to be detected.

Tested and works with portable python too. True, you will have to change the windows shortcut ( the thingy it sayis you have to run as Admin ) to point to "Path_To_Portable_Python_Direcotry/App/python.exe" but it works :)

Also, if you have installed any other network adapters ( e.g. VirtualBox ), you might need to turn them off while using radar. At least that's what solved a problem of not sending any MP related data to ets2map.com for me.

I don't know if this has been suggested before and if it's possible, but how about making VTC specific radar maps? With this I mean certain people in the VTC can keep track of where their drivers are going and such things. Would be kinda cool I guess.

Proud Transport Administration Officer for Squirrel-Logistics, the number one VTC

^it's possible, probably not the immediate plan but I'm working on a side service to this that will give some personal stats, maybe if demand is high enough I'll make an API that VTCs can get data from.

For me isn t working :(. I copyied the dll to plugin folder, runed the game, find my multiplayer number, open the app, enter my multplayer number, every thing is OK, it showed to me : i;m now starting to......, but, it says: telemetry ets2map.dll not enabled. What should I do? Thanks

For me isn t working :(. I copyied the dll to plugin folder, runed the game, find my multiplayer number, open the app, enter my multplayer number, every thing is OK, it showed to me : i;m now starting to......, but, it says: telemetry ets2map.dll not enabled. What should I do? Thanks

You need to Start ets2mp and connect to the Server before opening the radar

Ea2GOtu.png

Add this to your signature!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea2GOtu.png[/img]

Archived