Ets2map Megathread

Kat_pw

• DevOps

Great job, keep my fingers crossed. I have a question about the maps, if you plan to add numbers roads?

It is a possibility for sure :) We will just need help manually marking them

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyway to increase the range on one persons' game? Meaing that instead of the limit being 500 or so meters, is there a way of raising that? I'm guessing there is, but then that would require more CPU usage?

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

• DevOps

Is there anyway to increase the range on one persons' game? Meaing that instead of the limit being 500 or so meters, is there a way of raising that? I'm guessing there is, but then that would require more CPU usage?

Sadly no, the 500x500 meter block is vended by the server directly.  There is works being done on the backend to where the entire map will be covered, but I don't have any ETA on a date.

Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

Sadly no, the 500x500 meter block is vended by the server directly.  There is works being done on the backend to where the entire map will be covered, but I don't have any ETA on a date.

Ah okay, I understand now. Great job so far, and keep it up!

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

I've got some problem when I used v1.0 on the day it was released.

The problem was that only players in some cities and on EuroPoort were visible. I, myself, wasn't visible while driving through the alps. There was no error and no high CPU usage and my ID was the right one as well.

Python was working as well.

Maybe did I forget to change Firewall settings?

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Holy Crap you guys are really turning ets2mp to something great :D  Ive got one question does this thing only show players who have downloaded this thing? Becuze maybe one day when i trucking i see that it is a traic jam caused by a blocker when no admins are online. And the blocker has probly not downloaded this thing.

And as i always say: Keep up the good work and happy trucking :)

• DevOps

Holy Crap you guys are really turning ets2mp to something great :D  Ive got one question does this thing only show players who have downloaded this thing? Becuze maybe one day when i trucking i see that it is a traic jam caused by a blocker when no admins are online. And the blocker has probly not downloaded this thing.

And as i always say: Keep up the good work and happy trucking :)

For the moment it shows current local area for people running the app.

---

Also.. Exciting features coming in the next few days... :) Stay tuned..

Hello,

Not working for me :

--> ***Telemetry etsmap.dll not enabled. Please read....."

Curious because i Launch CMD as administrator and the .dll are in the good place (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins\)

Some help ?

Regards.

-=Christophe=- // Chris [FR] // 

Cool, I can look at the map even if I don't share this information. It's just a bit more work to get to the area of interest.

Question1: As it collects information from user's computer, that means it has no effect on the server itself, correct?

Question2: The more the merrier? Meaning the more users use the radar the more accurate the information is OR is it that if one truck is sending you gps locations then, for example, I can see all the trucks in that area? 

Question3: If it's working and it seems like everyone should use it, do you plan to promote it in game the way they promote ETS2 radio & MyVTC.net?

Cool, I can look at the map even if I don't share this information. It's just a bit more work to get to the area of interest.

Question1: As it collects information from user's computer, that means it has no effect on the server itself, correct?

Question2: The more the merrier? Meaning the more users use the radar the more accurate the information is OR is it that if one truck is sending you gps locations then, for example, I can see all the trucks in that area?

Question3: If it's working and it seems like everyone should use it, do you plan to promote it in game the way they promote ETS2 radio & MyVTC.net?

I'm not the dev but i think i'm good enough...

1. correct

2. the trucks you can See (even if they don't have the radar) are on the map online (if you use the radar ofcourse)

3. it's only a temporary solution it will be Server sided later

Ea2GOtu.png

Add this to your signature!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea2GOtu.png[/img]

Archived