- looking my location but nothing.

and

- windows firewall closed

- antivir closed

- upnp active on modem

4oKP1rb.png

3149jyq.jpg

• DevOps

If I am allowed to share it, I have made a simple batch file that will automatically run the launcher without having to do all the stuff in cmd beforehand.

Feel free to put it on the forum here with a <code> tag

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

• DevOps

There's something I did wrong?

- Python installed.

- Radar files installed on C:/upper

- Open game and join eu 1

- Alt tab and going to desktop

- Open cmd with administrator

- Start launcher.py with in game id

- back to game and drive.

- alt tab and going to ets2map

- looking my location but nothing.

and

- windows firewall closed

- antivir closed

- upnp active on modem

4oKP1rb.png

Im pondering there may be an issue, by chance do you have more than one NIC card on your computer?

Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

here is the code for the batch file as requested:

C:/upper/Launcher.py<or if you put it somewhere else put the FULL path of the file>

put that in a text program such as notepad or notepad ++ save as all file types, put .bat in the name

be sure to run as administrator or it will not work

alternatively if you do not want to use a batch file you can just type in CMD

cd C:/upperLauncher.py<new line indicates press enter>

• DevOps

Updated to v1.1

Fixed - High CPU usage (Really.. it's a lot more lightweight now)

Improved - Better loading screen

Please re-download all 3 files again from  http://ets2map.com/upper/

• DevOps

I have Avermedia tv tuner on pc. Most bda drivers showing ethernet adapter on windows. I'll try tomorrow delete bda drivers.

zIdmhca.png

If you'd like you can try editing this section of pServer.py , I -THINK- it will force the next card (Change from a 0 to 1);

self.s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_RAW, socket.IPPROTO_UDP)
        self.s.bind((self.HOST, 0))
        self.s.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_IP, socket.IP_HDRINCL, 1)

It's good idea, but it's better to make on server side of ETSMP, they already have info about all players positions, so they just need to store it and show on WEB, this not add aditional load on client CPU and network. In this type, i think better to use some more fast and useful code language like C++,C# or maybe Java for processing packets on client side and send only coodrs to map server - it's reduce network load and better solution than mirroring traffic to server with more unused data. And using other language can prowide performance and reduce CPU usage.

• DevOps

It's good idea, but it's better to make on server side of ETSMP, they already have info about all players positions, so they just need to store it and show on WEB, this not add aditional load on client CPU and network. In this type, i think better to use some more fast and useful code language like C++,C# or maybe Java for processing packets on client side and send only coodrs to map server - it's reduce network load and better solution than mirroring traffic to server with more unused data. And using other language can prowide performance and reduce CPU usage.

While you make valid points, without giving out details, a better system is in the works so players do not have to run this. The CPU usage is no longer an issue with v1.1 after the bug I found was fixed. The reason I am mirroring traffic vs processing it is I was asked by Rootkiller not to include any code that deals with the packets or structures of packets. I am fully aware of the inefficiencies of this design by forwarding all packets, but I must work with what I have and I went to Rootkiller to get permission before this was released.

The reason I went with python is because it is what I know. The part about performance being an issue, while valid for some applications of programming, is quite moot at this point for this project (now and into the future). The server application I wrote that processes and vends all of the data used quite literally using 0.23% cpu with a 9MB footprint (that is including a compliant webserver running in the code as well). I have scale tested the design to thousands of trucks  being tracked and thousands of api requests per second with no issue.

Is there only me that when i open ets2map.com, i can only see traffic at Rotterdam area ?

ets2map.com relies on this to provide additional info on the map, if nobody is running it then only Kat's cameras provide data to the map.

• DevOps

i ran a little test of installing off of the installer, and the results were a success!

That is awesome! The only thing I try to do is not have exe's / installers anymore. I've released things in the past for other games and there is always one person who false claims they got virus for you and suddenly people think you are up to fishy things.I will test out the batch file and will probably include that on the downloads as well (with credit to you) 

If you'd like you can try editing this section of pServer.py , I -THINK- it will force the next card (Change from a 0 to 1);

self.s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_RAW, socket.IPPROTO_UDP)
        self.s.bind((self.HOST, 0))
        self.s.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_IP, socket.IP_HDRINCL, 1)

this is not help but I disabled aver tv ethernet adapter without uninstalling driver and its working.

3149jyq.jpg

the person above's problem was fixed by installing the correct version of python (he had installed version 3 instead of version 2.)

he was also my beta tester for the installer and batch file :)

EDIT: I think something is wrong with the radar server because ets2map.com isnt updating radar posistions

• DevOps

the person above's problem was fixed by installing the correct version of python (he had installed version 3 instead of version 2.)

he was also my beta tester for the installer and batch file :)

EDIT: I think something is wrong with the radar server because ets2map.com isnt updating radar posistions

I am running into some parsing issues with some invalid packets coming in. As it is random, I need some time to narrow down issue to implement fix. In meantime if you see trucks stop moving on map, this probably happened. 

Archived