Ets2map Megathread

Kat_pw

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • DevOps

so you need to run it every time before u launch ets? or just once?

It needs to be running in background for it to send data.  You can choose to open ETS2MP first or Launcher.py first. (Order of running does not matter, as long as the program is running while you play it will send data)

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

• DevOps
The end of pServer.py shows what is processed by the program :: 2E69636D = current EU1 Ip Address in HEX. It will take any packet that is to or from the server and forward it for processing.

if data[0][12:16].encode("hex") == '2e69636d': #Is this packet FROM the ETS2 server 2E69636D
            self.q.put(data)
        if data[0][16:20].encode("hex") == '2e69636d': #Is this packet TO the ETS2 server 2E69636D
            self.q.put(data)

Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

So this is basically like placing a "GPS" on your truck, and you can view that persons' position on the live map?

and the trucks that are in your range

and the trucks that are in your range

That is great! Only one suggestion for @Kat_PW, can you make it possible to "Search" for a user ID? By User ID, I mean the number displayed above a dot on the live map.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

• DevOps

That is great! Only one suggestion for @Kat_PW, can you make it possible to "Search" for a user ID? By User ID, I mean the number displayed above a dot on the live map.

That is a good suggestion, I will check into this.

That is a good suggestion, I will check into this.

Awesome! I'm guessing that in the future there will be a way to display the actual name of that driver, instead of the number being displayed?

Great work!

0cRIb6g.png

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Ok, Now the real question, will the multiplier devs include this in the client so everyone will have it in the next update?

That would be the "Bomb Dot Com"!

0cRIb6g.png

im asuming once its optimised this should happen.but as kat reported high processor and net use they should make it optional install like winter mod and with a warning only for high end systems.

btw maybe a little optional suggestion: give ppl that are running your program a diffrnet colour (like green) so you have an idea wich areas are covered (maybe make those dots scale while you zoom out)

Awesome! I'm guessing that in the future there will be a way to display the actual name of that driver, instead of the number being displayed?

Great work!

There's a minor privacy issue with that though, people could target someone who is eg. streaming or an admin.

Archived