Question about GPU

KurdiStaN

Hello Truckers! :)

Well, recently i got Evga GTX 680 and MSI GTX 680 and they were in a setup with water cooling before i got them, now the problem is that i dont use water cooling (i know it might be better for the tempratures etc..but i just dont)

So the thing i wanna know is how can i get/add custom fan to the GTX 680 to test/run it cuz right now its just laying there and i dont know how to try it out if it even works or not, so anyone :D?

Employed in: Viva Trucking (VTC)

You can try using this but i don't know if the 680's you have are compatible with these coolers because the cooler is supposed to be used with reference cards. The cooler may work with the cards you have but they may not. What i would do is goto reddit.com/r/buildapc for some more help.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

I got 3x gtx 680's (2x Evga gtx 680, 1x Msi gtx 680) those are without any kind of stock cooler, and i also have (1x mdt x4 gtx 570) << dunno if this one works i just get black screen when installing the nvidia drivers.

So thats why i wanna try the GTX 680 out since its better if its working, i dont really wanna put money on buying any kind of coolers if the card wont work, so the only thing i wanna do is to test them just to see if it works or not, according to some people i should put 120mm fan to try them out

^This. 

My fans don't spin up until my card reaches 60C, and that only happens like, 5-10 mins into gaming so you are pretty safe plugging it in to test it. 

Coolers are pretty limit for sales, there are some but I can't vouch for there compatibility because I've never bought one. 

http://www.quietpc.com/gel-icy-vision?gclid=Cj0KEQiAzai0BRCs2Yydo8yptuIBEiQAN3_lFv-NPq-xXHcrjq9qz-6pD6f7cuE5fIiaJyg00d1AIl4aAisW8P8HAQ

This looks like it would work, you might wanna double check. If the worst comes to worst, you could just buy a broken card and take the cooler off that, and if your lucky you might be able to fix the card and triSLI :P 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Well, im actually looking for broken gtx 680 cards so i can take the cooler and put it on mine, but there isnt anyone selling broken gtx 680, i have been looking for coolers aswell but some of them are expensive, and some are not good.

Owl helped me out and told me that Gtx 680 reference cooler will be best to get since i will go for SLI

Unless you live in the desert or plan on seriously overclocking, watercooling is not worth it on a GPU. If the fans dont spin until 10-15 mins into game as it isnt 60 degrees, then water cooling is a waste.

^ And yes, reference cooler is better in SLI as the air flows through the side, rather than the bottom. But the thing you have to consider with SLI is the speed, look at your motherboard specs.

It will usually say

1x PCIE x16 slot 

OR
2x PCIE x8 slot

the cards can perform at 100%, but only 50% of the information being sent can be transmitted to the board from one card

That is why they usually say its best to get 1 strong card rather than 2 weaker

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

^Depends. If you have 2 middle class GPUs they can send 100% of data if you have SLI PCIe x8. But currently you need a PCIe v3 and max. GT755m / GT745 or amd equivalent (also it must be a non GTX class card or amd equivalent for x8) for 100%

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

It will usually say

1x PCIE x16 slot 

OR

2x PCIE x8 slot

the cards can perform at 100%, but only 50% of the information being sent can be transmitted to the board from one card

That is why they usually say its best to get 1 strong card rather than 2 weaker

Not 100% sure what you're trying to get at with the 1st bit, but PCIe 3.0 x8 is by no means a bottleneck. It'll work as good in an x8 slot as it does in an x16 slot (providing it's a single GPU card). Even PCIe 2.0 x8 is enough for modern GPUs.

From my understanding, people say get 1 stronger card because you'll get better performance in games with poor/lacking SLI support. This is the first time I've heard/seen anyone say it because of bandwidth 'issues'.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived