Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ping

ihninja1

Question

I have recently started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer, and I got kicked for my Ping being too high. It was at about 900, and the max is 600. I don't know what Ping is, and if there is a way to fix this, please let me know, because this is really confusing to me.

9 answers to this question

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

To answer your first question, the ping is basically the time it takes for a signal from your computer to reach the server. It is measured in milliseconds (ms).

Not sure if you are on wifi or not, but using a wireless internet connection will cause your ping to be much higher to the ets2mp servers. If in fact you are using the wireless connection, then if possible, try using a hardwired connection (if your hardware allows it). Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this will lower your ping a bit. It shoud make you less prone to being kicked for high pings.

PursuitGamer6 is asking about your location because you may be connecting to a server that is farther away than some of the other servers. There are multiple multiplayer servers, including Asia, South America, U.S., and the Eu servers. If you live in a country closer to one of the other servers, you may want to try connecting to that. You will find that you will have a lower ping to a closer server.

• Upvote 2

76561198125848184.png

How i can understand in which European server my Ping will be lowest or it's doesnt matter ? I am from Bulgaria. My ping is 60ms ; download speed is 9,49Mbps and my upload speed is 0,80Mbps. This results i received in this site: http://www.speedtest.net/

Is that the ping which you received from the speedtest.net test? If so, that's the ping to the server which the speedtest website was using, not the actual mp server. When you are in-game, you can get your ping from the tab menu. It might be different, depending on how close you are to where the ets2mp servers are hosted.

76561198125848184.png

If you have hardwired connection, are connected to the nearest server etc. Try closing other applications that may be using the internet. For example, voice communication apps will affect ping (Teamspeak, Skype etc.) Or maybe you have music or something playing from an app (Youtube, Spotify etc.) this will also affect it. Try closing these and share with the forum whether it makes a difference for you.

AddFriend.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.